Team of the Week 2 AC (after corona)
FIFA 20 Team of the Week 39
With all that has been going on in the world and even in FIFA, you can be forgiven for forgetting FIFA 20 Team of the Week is back. After it was re-installed last week, the format is pumping up its second squad post-corona and it is, well…
Team of the Week 39 is balanced, yet uninspired
We get it that TOTW is pretty much dependent on what happens in the real world, but gamers are gamers and our natural state is that of disappointment by the stuff we’re getting. That’s the universal feeling towards TOTW 39 as the best cards in the new pack already have better TOTSSF versions and the rest are generally not that tempting.
Sadio Mané and Sergio Ramos are the top dogs in this week’s roster, both coming with 92-rated cards. The problem is, both also have TOTSSF cards that are much better – rated 98 and 96, respectively. Naturally, fans are bringing that up on Twitter, but in all honesty, we don’t see their case here.
- READ MORE: FIFA 20 Team of the Week is back
Defending Electronic Arts is a difficult pill to swallow, but in this instance what are they supposed to do – put TOTSSF cards in TOTW packs? That’s obviously not going to happen. The thing that’s creating buzz in the first place is that EA released the TOTS cards before the season was actually over. And that is something they can be blamed for because it was an obvious cash grab – they couldn’t miss out on the frenzy surrounding the best cards of the entire FUT season. Apart from that, there’s not much more you could throw at them. EA are greedy, what’s new?
This controversy aside, TOTW 39 is subpar. There’s not a single other card that is rated above 88 and there’s even a player that is no longer with the club that is assigned to him by EA in the official release. Rosenborg purchased Odd Grenland’s Torgeir Børven a few days ago, but he is in TOTW 39 for his final Odd performances, so perhaps EA deliberately kept his old team’s badge on his card to honor them and it is not a mistake at all. Doubt.
The full TOTW 39 roster:
- GK: Kasper Schmeichel – 87 OVR (Leicester City)
- CB: Sergio Ramos – 92 OVR (Real Madrid)
- CB: Stefan de Vrij – 88 OVR (Inter)
- CB: Marc Bartra – 85 OVR (Real Betis)
- CB: Michael Keane – 85 OVR (Everton)
- CM: Fabián – 86 OVR (Napoli)
- CM: James Ward-Prouse – 82 OVR (Southampton)
- CAM: Andrej Kramarić – 85 OVR (Hoffenheim)
- LW: Sadio Mané – 92 OVR (Liverpool)
- ST: Anthony Martial – 87 OVR (Manchester United)
- ST: Edin Džeko – 86 OVR (Roma)
- GK: Rubén Blanco – 86 OVR (Celta Vigo)
- RB: Jonathan Schmid – 81 OVR (Freiburg)
- CAM: Dominik Szoboszlai – 83 OVR (RB Salzburg)
- RF: Luis Muriel – 83 OVR (Atalanta)
- ST: Breel Embolo – 84 OVR (Borussia Mönchengladbach)
- ST: Andreas Cornelius – 83 OVR (Parma)
- ST: Burak Yılmaz – 82 OVR (Beşiktaş)
- CM: Fredrik Ulvestad – 77 OVR (Djurgården)
- CM: Dennis Dressel – 69 OVR (München 1860)
- LM: Przemysław Płacheta – 74 OVR (Śląsk Wrocław)
- ST: Torgeir Børven – 76 OVR (Rosenborg)
- ST: Phillip Tietz – 74 OVR (Wehen Wiesbaden)