Some of the biggest clubs engage in FIFA 20
FIFA 20 #stayandplay Cup kicks off today
A charity FIFA 20 tournament is kicking off later today with all matches to be broadcasted live on Twitch. Some of the most popular football clubs in the world are joining in on the noble cause which aims to aid the battle against coronavirus.
Nearly kick-off time for FIFA 20 #stayandplay
Twenty football clubs have teamed up with EA Sports for a FIFA 20 charity tournament. The matches will begin later today and will go on through the weekend with the #stayandplay champion to be crowned on Sunday, April 19.
Each of the participating clubs has produced a single player from their real-life football squad to represent them in the #stayandplay Cup. If you think they were holding back on the stars, you would be mistaken. Trent Alexander-Arnold, João Felix and César Azpilicueta are just some of the top names that will be showing off their FIFA 20 skills in the coming days.
The full list of participants can be seen below:
- AIK – Nabil Bahoui
- Ajax - Sergiño Dest
- Atlético Madrid – João Felix
- Borussia Dortmund – Achraf Hakimi
- Brøndby – Jesper Lindstrøm
- Chelsea – César Azpilicueta
- Djurgårdens – Jesper Karlström
- FC Copenhagen – Mohammed Daramy
- FC Porto – Fábio Silva
- HJK Helsinki - Nikolai Alho
- Liverpool – Trent Alexander-Arnold
- Manchester City – Phil Foden
- Olympique Lyonnais – Bruno Guimarães
- Olympique de Marseille – Saîf-Eddine Khaoui
- Paris Saint-Germain – Juan Bernat
- PSV Eindhoven – Mohammed Ihattaren
- Real Madrid – Vinicius
- Roma – Justin Kluivert
- Tottenham Hotspur – Serge Aurier
- Valencia – Manuel Vallejo
The first round of matches starts at 6 PM CET and will produce these matchups:
- Olympique de Marseille – Brøndby
- Valencia – Djurgårdens
- PSV Eindhoven – AIK
- FC Copenhagen – HJK Helsinki
The winners of those will fill up the bracket for the Last 16 where the real action will begin to unfold.
The #stayandplay Cup will support Global Giving’s Coronavirus Relief Fund and every second of it will be broadcasted on EA Sports FIFA’s twitch channel. Electronic Arts will further aid the fight with COVID-19 by donating $1 million to communities most affected by the pandemic. You will also have the opportunity to donate if you like during the course of the tournament.
Even if you don’t, stay home and play together! That’s more than enough.