The F1 2020 racing simulation goes to the pits. Codemasters has released the new patch 1.07, which contains numerous bug fixes. There is also a brand new charity DLC in honour of the Keep Fighting Foundation.
F1 2020 is perhaps the hottest and best racing game of the year so far. Codemasters continues to work diligently on updates for the Sim. Now, F1 2020 patch 1.07 is available, which again fixes some known bugs.
- READ MORE: What is Sim-Racing?
New F1 2020 Update With Many Bug Fixes
There is not much to complain about in F1 2020, the few bugs and problems are regularly updated by Codemasters. F1 2020 Patch 1.07 is available for download on all platforms and takes care of a lot of annoying issues.
For example, the resolution in the split-screen multiplayer has been increased and some display errors in the new black Mercedes racing suits have been fixed. Various stability and error corrections as well as fixes for crashes should further improve the gaming experience. Overall it's a huge quality of life improvement patch.
Here is an overview of all changes from F1 2020 Patch 1.07:
- Keep Fighting Foundation DLC pack is now available
- Addressed a crash when accessing mail resulting from changes within leagues
- Addressed a crash that could be seen when spectating a multiplayer race
- Splitscreen resolution has been increased
- In split-screen player two will no longer change the race strategy for player ones when editing their own
- The player will no longer be offered an incorrect 0 stop strategy alternative during a race that requires a pit stop
- Jeff will now give the correct Championship Standings information during a race
- Brake boards are now present at turn 12 in Brazil
- F1 cars use the players chosen number in multiplayer
- Career modes will now progress correctly when Simulating races with Formation Lap turned on
- Fixed a performance issue when running Steam in offline mode
- In unranked other players will no longer be seen to be given points after failing to finish a race
- Purple fastest lap times are now easier to read on the race results
- Improvements to the item preview images so they’re higher resolution
- Glove textures have been improved under certain conditions on the track where they were previously appearing lower resolution
- Players will no longer be penalized for overtaking the safety car in a pit lane entrance or exit
- Players can no longer overtake the safety car once it is ready to return to the pit lane
- F2 sprint race grid will always correctly reflect the result from the feature race
- Updated a number of F2 lap records
- F2 Races in Vietnam are now the correct number of laps
- If the player is eliminated in qualifying 1 parc ferme rules will now correctly apply
- After a formation lap time gaps will now be shown correctly
- Addressed an issue where all participants in a weekly event would not be awarded points
- Nationality flag is now correctly displayed on Mercedes race suits
- Various other stability and bug fixes
F1 2020 Keep Fighting DLC Available
The Charity DLC Keep Fighting is available for a fee now. It includes various cosmetic items such as special helmets, car paint, and a special badge.
All proceeds from the sale will go 100% to the Keep Fighting Foundation, which was established by the family of F1 record world champion Michael Schumacher. The foundation supports numerous charitable projects aimed at culture, education, science, public health, and motivation. The F1 2020: Keep Fighting Foundation DLC costs 3.99 euros and offers the following content:
- Special "Keep Fighting Foundation" paintwork
- Special celebration emote "Keep Fighting Foundation" for the podium
- Special helmet "Keep Fighting Foundation"
- Special overall "Keep Fighting Foundation"
- Special gloves "Keep Fighting Foundation
- Special badge "Keep Fighting Foundation"