The Dota 2 Pro Circuit 2021 is in full swing and we're currently in its fifth week. Despite that, Team Secret have already secured a spot for the first Major tournament of 2021.
Valve's new competitive system for Dota 2 introduced a lot of changes. Instead of Minor events, we got Regional Leagues that'll conclude with a corresponding Major. For 2021, there are a total of two seasons and the first one is almost over with the conclusion coming next week. In each region, teams are split into an Upper and Lower Division and only the best of the best get a guaranteed slot at the first Major event. The latter was revealed to be the Singapore Major.
In some, regions there are already clear leaders in the Upper Division, teams that remained undefeated and even a future loss won't be able to change their standing. The first-ever team to earn a spot in the Singapore Major are Team Secret.
Just as everyone expected, Team Secret was a dominant force in Europe. There really isn't much else to say about them, really. They haven't lost a single series and they're currently 6-0 after wrapping it up against High Coast Esports yesterday. Secret placed first in the region and already earned $30 000 and 500 DPC points. Furthermore, they've earned a spot directly into the Singapore Major playoffs, skipping the Wild Card and Group stages entirely. They only have one series remaining to play versus OG, next Wednesday, February 24.
Image GalleryView Gallery
A total of 18 teams will be competing in the Singapore Majors and they'll be coming from the various regions. Here's the slot distribution in cases you need to know the exact numbers:
- EU: Top 4 (2 to wildcard)
- China: Top 4 (2 to wildcard)
- SEA: Top 3 (1 to wildcard)
- CIS: Top 3 (1 to wildcard)
- NA: Top 2
- SA: Top 2
Due to the Lunar New Year, China won't be playing Week 4 until February 23. Other teams that might follow in the footsteps of Team Secret in some of the other regions are:
- CIS - Virtus.pro/Natus Vincere - both teams are currently 5-0 and it looks like the clash between them will decide who takes first place
- SEA - Neon Esports - the team is currently 5-0 and there's a high chance it'll be a 6-0 before the end of the week (or tomorrow if they beat Fnatic)
- North America - Evil Geniuses - the favorites of the region are also 5-0 and tomorrow they'll be tested by Quincy Crew
- South America - beastcoast - the performance by beastcoast is quite impressive. While they're also 5-0, they're also the only team that hasn't lost a map.
Are you already looking forward to the Singapore Major? We sure are! By the way, Dota 2 got its own animated series coming on Netflix this March!
For more Dota 2 news and everything else gaming or esports, stay with EarlyGame. Create your own MyEarlyGame account to customize the content you see and enter exclusive giveaways! Also, be sure to enter the EarlyGame Awards!