The latest Dota 2 patch came out over the weekend. The 7.28c update is entirely comprised of nerfs to every single hero on its list. A shocking turn of events as the first season of the DPC still isn't over. Let's have a look at the current state of the meta after 7.28c.
Dota 2's patch 7.28c is all about nerfs to some of the more popular heroes and we're not sure why Valve couldn't wait a few more days. Now, some teams in the Dota Pro Circuit 2021 might be suffering due to the unexpected changes to some of the heroes. In case you missed the patch notes, here they are:
- Sticky Napalm now deals 50% less damage against all creeps.
- Base attack speed reduced from 110 to 100
Call of the Wild Boar
- Call of the Wild Boar movement speed reduced from 350 to 320/330/340/350
- Fissure shard aftershock replication now stuns for half duration
Keeper of the Light
- Recall delay increased from 3 to 5/4/3
- Summon Wolves duration reduced from 55 to 50 seconds
- Morph cooldown rescaled from 160/100/40 to 140/100/60
- Morph scepter bonus cast range reduced from 600 to 300
- Morph scepter now also reduces Morph cooldown by 20 seconds
- Greater Treants Base Attack Time increased from 1.0 to 1.4
- Vendetta no longer applies Break
- Vendetta cooldown increased from 90/70/50 to 90/75/60
Image GalleryView Gallery
- Movement Speed reduced from 325 to 320
- Base armor reduced by 1
- Arcane Orb cooldown increased from 4/3/2/0 to 6/4/2/0
- Astral Imprisonment manacost increased from 120 to 150
- Base damage range reduced from 46-57 to 46-54
- Waning Rift damage reduced from 70/140/210/280 to 70/130/190/250
- Dream Coil scepter stun duration reduced from 2/3.25/4.5 to 2/3/4
Tricks of the Trade
- Tricks of the Trade scepter no longer increases duration
- Level 25 Talent reduced from -6s Tricks of the Trade Cooldown to -4s
- Shackles Shard cast range reduced from 150 to 125
- Base damage reduced by 2
- Wraithfire Blast cooldown increased from 14/12/10/8 to 17/14/11/8
- Vampiric Spirit skeletons base damage reduced by 3
There you have it, folks, the complete patch notes. As it becomes evidently clear, everyone gets a nerf. Perhaps the most deserving ones on the list are Nyx Assassin and Earthshaker. Nyx has been a pick in most games throughout the DPC ever since his buffs to Vendetta that gave him break and the Aghs shard upgrade for it.
Image GalleryView Gallery
Here are some things to consider a few days after the patch:
He lost about one percent win rate but remains a top pick for the same reasons as always. A long-range stun and massive area of effect crowd control make him a dangerous component of any team.
As we've already mentioned Nyx was perhaps too popular. He was either banned or a must pick for most of the teams in the past few weeks. With Vendetta no longer applying break, the assassin is still a viable choice, he just won't be as good as before against certain heroes with a strong passive.
OD's is on one hell of a ride. He was initially dumpster tier, then he got buffed so hard that people started to play OD as a support. Due to the fact that he was too successful at that role, he's now getting some slight nerfs.
The only actual carry hero in 7.28c is Morphling and it's probably going to have the most impact on the pro scene. The downtime on Morph will now be significantly longer and the only way to make up for it will be with an Aghanim's Scepter. Still, we're sure that players like Alliance's Nikolay "Nikobaby" Nikolov will find a way to make it work.