Dota 2 is getting so many updates lately that it might be hard to keep track. The latest addition is patch 7.27c which further adjusts some heroes.
Dota 2’s patch 7.27 was all about general and item changes, 7.27b followed up with heroes. So what’s 7.27c all about? Well, more hero changes and Blade Mail losing one armor. Without further ado, let’s take a look at the full patch notes.
- Armor reduced from +7 to +6
So, is the item trash now? Is it better than what it was before? Blade Mail has definitely seen better days as it received some significant changes in the last few patches. The damage return no longer pierces Black King Bar, meaning that while you’re magic immune you can totally ignore all damage from the item. The active component was also changed and intelligence was scrapped from the item in favor of raw attack damage. Blade Mail has a passive 20 damage + 20% of attack damage return, while the active now increases that passive component by 80%, and causes it to reflect 80% of spell damage as well. With 7.27c the item loses one armor which might not be that much, but it’s still a nerf.
- Bloodrage self damage reduced from 2.4/2.6/2.8/3% to 2.2/2.4/2.6/2.8%
- Bloodrage manacost reduced from 25/30/35/40 to 25
- Thirst creep kill heal increased from 6/9/12/15% to 8/12/16/20%
- Blood Rite damage rescaled from 125/175/225/275 to 120/180/240/300
- Level 15 Talent changed from +225 Health to +15% Lifesteal
- Level 20 Talent changed from +20% Lifesteal to +400 Health
Bloodseeker received some major changes in the previous patch as parts of his Bloodrage and Thirst were swapped. His Bloodrage now gives a lot of attack speed while the heal component was changed to Thirst. 7.27c buffs the hero further.
- Spawn Spiderlings Spiderite magic resistance reduced from 40% to 25%
- Spawn Spiderlings Spiderite health increased from 100 to 120
- Level 10 Talent changed from +100 Spawn Spiderlings Damage to +80
- Level 20 Talent reduced from +25 Spiders Attack Damage to +18
Broodmother is a cheese hero and as usual, is suited as the last pick when the enemy has little to no way of dealing with the spiders. The Spiderite magic resistance is going down, so heroes with magic area of effect damage might now be able to handle the swarm of arachnids.
- Base armor increased by 1
Literally unkillable now.
- Searing Arrows damage from 30/40/50/60 to 24/36/48/60
- Strafe attack speed reduced from 110/140/170/200 to 90/120/150/180
- Death Pact health gain reduced from 60/80/100% to 40/70/100%
- Death Pact damage gain reduced from 6/10/14% to 4/9/14%
Just as expected, Clinkz was a little too good after his “rework” which brought him back to a weird state. One between his old and future self. Strafe is back, Skeleton Walk doesn’t grant attack speed, Death Pact is his ultimate, Searing Arrows deal a lot of damage and Burning Army is his Aghanim’s Scepter upgrade. He has it all, really.
- Intelligence gain increased from 1.8 to 2.2
- Agility gain increased from 2.3 to 2.6
- Base movement speed increased from 280 to 285
- Storm Surge speed increased from 8/12/16/20% to 12/16/20/24%
In patch 7.27b Razor lost his passive area of effect damage component on his ultimate. In order to make up for that he’s now a bit faster.
- Desolate damage reduced from 30/40/50/60 to 24/36/48/60
It seems Valve are trying to balance the early damage from Desolate, but we doubt lowering it by 6 will do the trick.
- Atrophy Aura radius reduced from 1200 to 900
Pit of Malice
- Pit of Malice cast range reduced from 750 to 675
- Firestorm cast range reduced from 750 to 675
- Level 15 Talent reduced from +100 Pit of Malice AoE to +75
- Level 25 Talent reduced from +20% Firestorm Building Damage to +15%
Underlord’s win rate jumped in the past week and what we’re seeing here are the consequences. We don’t think the hero was overpowered, except maybe the range on his aura. Despite the nerfs to three of his spells, he’ll still be a viable pick in a lot of situations.
- READ MORE: The Life and Times of KuroKy – Part 1