First the Dota 2 Summer Event and now a new patch? Valve have done a lot of work lately and it shows in patch 7.27b as the changes are a lot.
Patch 7.27 came out and featured a lot of general changes along with item tweaks and more. One thing was missing though, hero updates. Many of us hoped that 7.27a would be the one to rebalance the heroes, but it turned out to be one of the shortest Dota 2 patches ever. Finally, patch 7.27b is here and it’s almost entirely about heroes, with the exception of a few item changes.
As usual, we’ll focus on the most important changes in the update.
- Can now be disassembled
Veil of Discord
- Can now be applied on invulnerable units
Monkey King Bar
- Recipe cost increased from 350 to 550
- Attack speed reduced from 30 to 25
Hand of Midas
- Recipe cost reduced from 1850 to 1750 the patch.
Echo Sabre can now be disassembled which opens up a few possibilities. A lot of melee heroes can build it in the early game then disassemble and turn the components into other items. Like Orchid and Black King Bar for example. Veil can now affect invulnerable units, which will allow you to set a follow up much easier or even amplify damage which already pierces the immunity. MKB is now even more costly but still remains a very decent pick in most games. The changes to Orchid and Midas are insignificant, but some heroes like Invoker might now have a stronger preference towards the experience and gold item.
- Culling Blade kill threshold increased from 250/325/400 to 250/350/450
- Level 10 Talent changed from +8 Strength to +25 Attack Speed
- Level 15 Talent changed from +35 Attack Speed to Attacking Procs Counter Helix
- Level 20 Talent changed from Attacking Procs Counter Helix to +150 Culling Blade Threshold
Axe should be in a really good spot right now, as Culling Blade is better than ever. Once at level 20 the threshold rises to 600, which is enough to kill even an Abaddon just when his ultimate pops. Talentwise, everything is brought a tier down which is amazing, especially the Attacking Procs Counter Helix.
- Intelligence increased from 18 + 1.7 to 21 + 2.0
has been reworked. Increases your attack speed by 50/80/110/140 and
your spell amplification by 6/12/18/24%. Drains 2.4/2.6/2.8/3% max
health per second. Self or ally hero cast (provides half attack
speed for allies). Lasts 8 seconds. Cooldown 14/12/10/8. Manacost
25/30/35/40. Not lethal.
- Bloodrage can now be cast without interrupting movement
- Thirst no longer grants attack speed.
- Thirst now provides 6/9/12/15% of max health as a heal for creep kills and 12/18/24/30% for hero kills. Grants half healing if you are within 300 radius of a dying enemy creep or hero.
- Level 10 Talent increased from +5 Armor to +6
- Level 10 Talent changed from +20 Attack Speed to +30 Bloodrage Attack Speed
- Level 15 Talent increased from +60 Blood Rite Damage to +75
Bloodseeker gets a rework on Bloodrage and Thirst with the talents getting adjusted accordingly. Each use of Bloodrage will now cost the target 24% of max health, which resembles a very old version of the hero when the ability used to apply a damage over time debuff and silence. The hero's farming speed will definitely be increased as a direct result, especially in slower paced matches where there isn't a whole lot of trading going on in the early game. One last thing, Bloodrage can only be used on self or allies using it more than once without cooldown reduction won't be possible.
- Retaliate no longer has an active component that provides attack damage
- Retaliate now also returns 20/25/30/35% of your strength as damage
- Retaliate base damage reduced from 16/36/56/76 to 15/30/45/60
- Retaliate now does half damage to towers instead of full
- Double Edge cooldown reduced from 5 to 4
- Hoof Stomp cooldown reduced from 22/19/16/13 to 15/14/13/12
- Hoof Stomp damage increased from 80/110/140/170 to 100/150/200/250
- Hoof Stomp stun duration reduced from 2/2.25/2.5/2.75 to 1.7/2.0/2.3/2.6
- Hoof Stomp manacost reduced from 115/120/125/130 to 100/110/120/130
- Level 15 Talent changed from +25 Base Damage to +40 Damage
- Level 20 Talent reduced from +70 Retaliate Damage to +50
Centaur's Retaliate is back to its old state as the skill no longer has an active component that provides bonus damage. To make up for that lack, Retaliate now scales with a percentage of the hero's strength so it'll deal significantly more damage in the late game. Hoof Stomp gets buffed through the roof and overall, the hero is in a good state.
- Chaos Strike now has a 30% chance to proc instead of using a cooldown
- Phantasm cooldown reduced from 125 to 75
- Phantasm illusion count reduced from 3 to 1/2/3
- Phantasm illusion outgoing damage increased from 40/70/100% to 100%
- Phantasm illusions no longer have an extra 25% magic resistance
- Phantasm manacost reduced from 125/200/275 to 75/125/175
- Level 15 Talent increased from +12% Cooldown Reduction to +14%
- Level 25 Talent changed from +1.5 Max Chaos Bolt Duration to +1s Min/Max Chaos Bolt Duration
- Level 25 Talent changed from -1.5s Chaos Strike Cooldown to +10% Chaos Strike Chance
CK was almost impossible to bully in the lane, due to his Chaos Strike which guaranteed life steal every 4 seconds. Now, a random chance is back on the table. Phantasm illusions now always deal 100% damage, but the number drops down along with their magic resistance. At least they're still "strong" illusions, so hex and other spells won't instantly destroy them.
- Intelligence gain increased from 1.7 to 2.2
- Attack point improved from 0.7 to 0.4
- Searing Arrows damage increased from 25/35/45/55 to 30/40/50/60
- Searing Arrows manacost increased from 9/10/11/12 to 12
- Strafe is a basic ability again. Grants 110/140/170/200 attack speed and 100% evasion against ranged attackers. Lasts 3/4/5/6 seconds. Cooldown 34/30/26/22. Manacost 40/50/60/70.
- Skeleton Walk now provides invisibility and 15/30/45/60% movement speed. Does not end invisibility when casting his spells. Lasts 25/30/35/40 seconds. Cooldown 20/19/18/17 seconds.
- Burning Army is now a scepter ability. Summons 5 skeletons in a 1300 line. Skeletons have 1000 health, but die in 2 hits and deals 30% of your damage. Cooldown 90, Manacost 150.
- Death Pact has been reworked and is now his ultimate. Consumes a target friendly or enemy creep, gaining a percentage of its hit points as max health and damage. Gains 6/10/14% of the target's current health as damage, and gains 60/80/100% as health. Lasts 65. Cooldown 80/70/60. Manacost 100. Cast Range 900.
- Level 10 Talent changed from +9 Strength to +1.75 Mana Regen
- Level 10 Talent changed from +7 Agility to Skeleton Walk Exit Summons 1 Burning Army Skeleton
- Level 15 Talent increased from +12 Searing Arrows Damage to +25
- Level 15 Talent changed from -30s Burning Army Cooldown to -10s Skeleton Walk Cooldown
- Level 20 Talent increased from +100 Attack Range to +125 Attack Range
- Level 20 Talent changed from +325 Death Pact Health to Kills Reset Death Pact Cooldown
- Level 25 Talent changed from +3s Skeleton Walk Attack Speed to +50/5% Death Pact Health/Damage
Just like some of the other heroes we've already Clinkz is back to his old self. Sort of. Death Pact is once again his ultimate and it grants bonus damage and bonus health based on the consumed unit's current health. Skeleton Walk no longer provides an attack speed buff as Strafe returns. The latter grants 100% evasion against ranged attackers, so it's basically a Windrun that grants attack speed (note that unlike before it won't dodge incoming spell projectiles like Wraithfire Blast). Burning Army is now his Aghanim's Scepter upgrade and the talents receive a lot of changes as well. Perhaps the most interesting update to Clinkz is his attack point which is now 0.4 instead of 0.7.
- Strength gain increased from 2.6 to 2.8
- Agility gain increased from 2.1 to 2.3
- Plasma Field cooldown reduced from 14 to 13/12/11/10
- Static Link no longer disarms you nor does invisible attacks through the link, but instead allows you to attack while moving (similar to Windranger). By default it will automatically attack the target linked, but allows you to attack a different target.
- Storm Surge no longer provides 2/4/6/8% AoE movement speed
- Storm Surge movement speed changed from 6/10/14/18% to 8/12/16/20%
Eye of the Storm
- Eye of the Storm no longer has a passive component
- Eye of the Storm damage per strike increased from 40/55/70 to 60/75/90
- Level 25 Talent changed from +180 Eye of the Storm Passive Damage to +1 Eye of the Storm Targets
- Base attack speed increased from 100 to 110
- Attack damage spread reduced from 47-57 to 49-55
- Fade Bolt damage reduction changed from a fixed value for heroes and creeps to 10/18/26/34% base damage
- Fade Bolt damage increased from 80/160/240/320 to 100/175/250/325
- Fade Bolt manacost reduced from 135/140/145/150 to 120/130/140/150
- Level 10 Talent changed from +50 Damage to +50 Base Damage
- Level 15 Talent changed from -80 Fade Bolt Hero Attack to Fade Bolt Steals Hero Damage
Rubick now steals damage with Fade Bolt. This can only mean one thing - prepare to see the Grand Magus more often on the mid lane. We've seen it in the past with Bane and things tend to repeat themselves.
- Caustic Finale has been reworked. Attacking an enemy now places a debuff that slows the enemy by 10/15/20/25% movement speed for 5 seconds. If the target dies during the 5 second debuff, an explosion deals 70/90/110/130 + 10/14/18/22% of the target's max health in a 500 AoE.
- Level 10 Talent changed from -30 Epicenter Attack Slow to +20 Epicenter Damage Per Pulse
- Level 15 Talent changed from +2 Epicenter Pulses to +8% Caustic Finale Slow
- Level 20 Talent changed from +8 Armor to -2s Burrowstrike Cooldown
- Level 20 Talent changed from +25 Epicenter Damage to +20 Health regen
- Level 25 Talent changed from +40 Health Regen to +4 Epicenter Pulses
Sand King's passive Caustic Finale is now potentially overpowered. Imagine exploding an enemy Pudge when the rest of his team is nearby, that's going to be some massive damage. The late-game Epicenter pulses coming from talents will also make a difference to his overall damage output.
- Base health regen increased from 0 to 1
- Toss duration increased from 1.3 to 1.4
- Avalanche initial projectile no longer takes a fixed 0.5 seconds to arrive at the destination, but instead has a 1200 projectile speed
- Tree Grab no longer slows Tiny by 30 movement speed
- Tree Grab now has a 5 hit charge limit
- Tree Grab unit bonus damage rescaled from 10/20/30/40% to 25%
- Tree Grab building damage increased from 20/50/80/110% to 90/120/150/180%
- Tree Grab splash damage increased from 30/40/50/60% to 40/60/80/100%
- Grow bonus damage rescaled from 30/45/60 to 25/50/75
- Level 15 Talent changed from +325 Health to +3 Tree Grab Attack Charges
- Level 20 Talent increased from +16 Strength to +18
Tiny's Tree Grab returns to an older state with a set number of attacks before expiring. This means less guaranteed last hits in lane, which should stop him from snowballing his way through most games.
Overall the patch revolves around tweaking base stats, stat gain, and the various numbers in spells. There are many other heroes who got changed, but they won't be as impactful as the ones we've listed above. In any case, make sure you also check the full notes on the Dota 2 official website. What do you think of the new patch? Share your opinion on our Facebook page.