Dota 2 will soon mark its 7-year anniversary since its official release, but have you thought about the hackers? What if we tell you they might be rampant?
Valve has a habit of doing huge ban waves multiple times per year with thousands of accounts getting suspended indefinitely, but is that enough? According to a recent post on Reddit, it’s not. User patolocoloco made a long and detailed post about the potential abuse of cheats in Dota 2. Chances are you’ve played against people using the software without ever knowing it.
- READ MORE: Dota 2 Patch 7.27 removes the Prowler Camp
Apparently there’s a Russian website that sells Dota 2 cheats and it’s doing quite well as it currently has over 70,000 active users. If you ever felt like the enemy Tinker/Skywrath/Invoker or any other hero for that matter was too fast to react then you might be right. The user reported that he purchased the hack for a full month and never got detected by Valve while using it. That’s certainly not good news, as the price for a week comes at around $2. Just imagine the number of potential hackers. The Reddit user was also kind enough to list all the features provided by the cheat:
- You can AFK while jungling with bot and auto-buy tomes.
- You can auto stack and auto-disable heroes who are trying to blink or attack you.
- You also have the possibility to use all cosmetic items and weather while playing but this is only active for yourself.
- You can detect wards and sentries placed by the enemy, there is also an indicator showing above your own hero when there is true sight on you.
- Enemy illusions appear as your own illusions in blue shape
- You also, get notifications when and where enemy team smokes or attacks Roshan
- You can zoom out the camera as if you were spectating a game but you are playing a ranked game.
- You can autoblock creeps and this is a total accurate blocking, but still detectable during replays.
- You can snatch runes automatically but this is detectable during replays if you are not hovering your mouse on the bounty rune.
Sadly this isn’t the first time Dota 2 was revealed to have issues with hackers. Similar information was revealed back in 2018 by RuHub and it seems nothing has changed since then.
Valve recently improved upon their cheat detection in CS:GO so maybe it’s finally time to take a look at Dota 2. In the meantime, we hope you don’t meet too many cheaters in your games. If you want to check out the original Reddit thread you can find it here. Surprisingly, it's still alive as it wasn't removed by the mods.