And a few minor map fixes
CS:GO Update Takes Out Highlight Ping, Adjusts Footstep Sounds
Welcome the new CS:GO update! Along with a bunch of map alterations, pinging has been "nerfed" and a fix for incorrect footstep sounds. Here's a quick rundown of the patch notes.
CS:GO gameplay has gone through several changes this year following a string of updates. One of the new features is pinging and while it has been received rather positive by most players, it has undergone a fair share of adjustments since being introduced. This week is another tuning moment for CS:GO pinging.
CS:GO Update Patch Notes: Ping, Footsteps, Maps
Added after the initial launch, highlighting players with ping has now been removed from CS:GO because of the possibility of revealing a hidden enemy's position. Certain footstep sounds have been adjusted after playing incorrectly prior to the patch.
The rest of this CS:GO update deals with improving some non-main maps. Anubis, Apollo, Engage and Frostbite all get a few patch notes each, though fixes are almost exclusively visual and don't affect gameplay on those maps much.
Image GalleryView Gallery
Here are the full CS:GO update patch notes:
- Reskinned the signs and information boards
- Fixed the wallbang through the trim on the mid building between double door and the CT house
- Added some grenade clips to prevent weird grenade bouncing on A heaven
- Fixed several visual issues
- Removed boost spots
- Updated Bot NAV
- Multiple exploits, clipping faults and boosts etc. fix based on the feedback of Oliv1er and timure of the MapInk Discord
- Fixed spawn boost exploit
- Blocked guns going out of CT spawn so much with a big sign.
- Removed window glass from buildings to improve gameplay
- Fixed exploit in Town
- Fixed stuck spots
- Fixed certain visual errors
- Adjusted border clipping
- Fixed floating exploding barrel/turret spawns
- Adjusted prop fade distance in the bunker
- Added drone clips to buildings at Tourist and Radio
- Pings no longer highlight players. This eliminates any instances of being able to reveal a hidden enemy.
- Fixed a bug which caused the incorrect footstep sounds to be played on some surfaces.
- Fixed short-handed bonus being given in Guardian mode.
- Fixed visual shuffle in map vote at end of match.
With the frequency of CS:GO updates recently, we can expect a new one soon enough. Let's hope it brings along some exciting innovations instead of fixing old, not so exciting attempts at innovation.