The latest CS:GO patch from August 26 does not include the release of Source 2 or a new operation. On the plus side Mutiny, Cache and Swamp get updated!
The CS:GO maps Mutiny and Swamp are patched and changed regularly since their release. Valve has been working more on the community maps lately. It was the same case with Chlor and Anubis a few months ago. This could also soon be an indication that we'll see them in competitive.
Mutiny A-Site Got A Rework
Valve has been trying to improve the overall performance of the map Munity for some time now. After some changes, they have now set their sights on the A-site. They removed the foliage that covered the wall and obscured the view. The existing cover was slightly adjusted.
The wall was modified to make the gameplay a bit more fluid. Valve removed some of the corners and made it easier to jump onto the wall by giving the defenders an additional stopping point to defend the location. Valve didn't just make changes to the CT side of the map on the bomb site. The rock formation at the upper T-spot was also converted into a brick wall to "improve the visibility and potential to use grenades".
Changes on Cache and Swamp
Cache was recently reworked, but now it gets some changes again with the August 26 patch. The "door stuck" bug in squeaky has been fixed, which should put an end to the old 1.6 door stuck memes. Valve also fixed a Molotov exploit at the dark spot in the middle. They also created a new path from the center to the top towards heaven to make the map a bit more T-sided.
Swamp is the last map to be changed in the update. Similarly to Mutiny, the new map has again received performance improvements. The ambient noise on the map has been turned down so that the steps can be heard better, and the invisible water splashes have disappeared. Here's alsto the full list of changes that came with the latest patch.
Full CS:GO August 26 Patch Notes
- Fixed a rare case where coach camera could remain in free roaming mode.
- Fixed net_dumpeventstats command to be cheat-protected.
- Improved performance
- New radar
- Raised the bottom of the water for better readability of players behind boats
- Fixed invisible water splashes
- Ambience sounds is quieter
- To make mid more attractive and balanced we have added a new path from mid up to heaven
- Heaven has now some more space towards the new path for better angles
- Closed gaps in wood fence at A-long (T side)
- Closed a sightline from CT-spawn to A-long
- Improved performance in all areas of the map
- Tweaked and improved clipping
- Adjusted environment lighting to give a better visual contrast
- Removed foliage on A Site wall
- Added multiple bomb reset triggers around A Site, B Site and Dock
- Extended Dock and Moved T Spawn back slightly to give CTs more setup time
- Adjusted cover around the map
- Tweaked wall at A Site for cleaner angles and made it easier to jump onto
- Made wallbangs through the door on B Site do less damage
- Lowered part of the wall on A Site
- Modified rock formation at upper T to A into a brick wall to improve visibility and grenade potential
- Fixed various lighting and texturing issues
- Subtle visual enhancements
- Fixed door stuck bug
- Fixed Molotov exploit at Dark Spot Mid
- Updated .nav mesh
- Restored functionality to soundscapes
That's it for the CS:GO August 26 Update. You may want to check out our guide to exclusive pistols. Here's a handy link:
- READ NEXT: CS:GO Weapons Guide: Exclusive Pistols