Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone Season 5 is live and as expected, the 1.24 update is huuuge. Join us for a rundown of the patch notes.
After a lot of leaks and two announcement trailers in the last days, Season 5 for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone went live today. If you have a PlayStation, you could brag how you've had it for two days now, but for us Microsoft peasants, today was the day of truth.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone Patch 1.24 Is Massive
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is already the largest game ever thanks in large part to its habits of releasing 40 GB updates. Patch 1.24, as an introduction to Season 5, adds to the history of memory violence with another outrageously big patch. PS4 users have it easier again, but still have a lot to absorb:
- PlayStation 4: 33.9 GB
- Xbox One: 49.8 GB
- PC: 54.2 GB (if you have Modern Warfare and Warzone), 47.4 GB (if you only have Warzone)
Infinity Ward have said that once all updates have been integrated, the game will be actually smaller than before, at least on consoles. In addition, console players can still uninstall individual data packs to free up space, for example if they no longer want to play the Modern Warfare campaign.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone Playlist Update
The fact it's a new season doesn't mean anything. We're still getting our regular dose of playlists.
- Ground War (on the new map Verdansk Intl. Airport)
- Search and Destroy Double Down - Search and Destroy with double the number of players, so 12v12
- Blueprint Gunfight
- Face-Off - 3v3 multiplayer on the new map Livestock
- Oil Rig and Harbor 24/7 - a 24/7 playlist for the new Petrov Oil Rig and Suldal Harbor maps
- BR Duos, Trios and Quads
- BR Solos Buy Back (renamed, formerly called Solos Stimulus)
- Blood Money Quads
- Mini Royale Trios - smaller and faster version of the normal Battle Royale mode
A patch would not be a real patch if some mistakes were not ironed out. Here are the most important bug fixes of patch 1.24:
- It's finally possible to inspect your weapons.
- The Rytec AMR default scope can be adjusted.
- Added a short delay of sound when changing from running to walking.
- Invisible collisions on Barakett Promenade have been removed.
- Infinity Ammo, Recon Drone and Care Package exploits have been fixed.
- Shooting through other players no longer counts as a wallbang.
- Gulag weapons now change weekly.
- New weapons are in the Warzone Loot Pool.
- Increased range for all semi-automatic DMRs and sniper rifles and the FR 5.56 in Warzone.
- Fixed bug where airstrikes cannot be called.
- Fixed wrong pings on the heartbeat sensor.
- Added voiceover warning for nearby Recon Drones (only in BR)
- The Most Wanted contract can respawn any player in the Gulag, dead or not.
These were the most important patch notes for Season 5 Patch 1.24. If you want to read the full patch notes, you can do so at Infinity Ward's site.
We'll go more in depth on the new stuff coming with Season 5's launch in a separate article tomorrow. Stay with EarlyGame, so you don't miss out!