Maps, Modes and Details
CoD: Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer – Everything You Need to Know
Activision and Treyarch have just revealed the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer. You want to know what to expect? Worry not, we got you covered! Here is everything you need to know.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War developer Treyarch promised a “next gen multiplayer experience” with the upcoming installment. Finally, we got a glimpse of what to expect in the Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer reveal. Here’s everything you need to know.
- READ MORE: Black Ops Cold War Pre-Order Guide
CoD: Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer-Reveal
Activision and Treyarch announced the CoD: Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer with a brand new trailer, showing gameplay from the PlayStation 5 version of the game – which will release alongside the next-gen-console.
Black Ops Cold War Maps – Around the World
Everything started with a mission in Miami that was leaked a few days ago. Next to that, five brand new maps were shown:
- Armada: Based in the Northern Atlantic and taking place on the high seas
- Crossroads: Based in Uzbekistan, offering tanks and even snowmobiles
- Miami: You fight your way through neon lights in the streets of Ocean Drive
- Moscow: Speznas and CIA take the battle to the streets of Russia’s capital
- Satellite: Based in Central Africa and offering spacious areas in the desert of Angola
But that’s not all you can expect from Black Ops Cold War. At release, the game will feature over ten multiplayer maps. According to the developers, every map will allow for different approaches - from direct confrontation to sneaking and alternative routes by land, sea or air.
Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer Modes
Some fan-favorites like Team-Deathmatch or Domination return in a revised form, but the game will also feature some new modes:
VIP-Escort: 6 on 6. One player is the VIP and has to be escorted by defenders, while the attackers try to eliminate the target. The VIP will only have a pistol, smoke grenades and UAV for support.
Combined Arms: 12 on 12, will feature vehicles based on the map you are playing. Available vehicles will be tanks, speedboats, snowmobiles, helicopters, or jeeps.
Fireteam: Up to ten teams of four players. What to expect from this mode, will be revealed at a later point. This mode will feature vehicles while every squad is working on a different objective.
More Details on Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer
- Gunsmith from Modern Warfare returns, allowing you to modify your weapons with up to 5 attachments
- Wildcards – You can modify your loadout with wildcards, letting you use two perks from the same category or giving you twice the number of grenades
- Unlimited sprint and self-heal: unlimited sprinting is back while you are healing over time when not shot, like in previous games
- Classic mini map from older Black Ops games is back
- Scorestreaks return. Points carry over if you die, offering you high-class equipment and special abilities
- Multiplayer will feature cross play, cross progression and cross generation – everyone can play with everyone and carry progress over to other platforms
Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War – What about Warzone?
Famous battle royale mode Call of Duty: Warzone will return, but we don’t really know how it is integrated in the new iteration. Yet. What we do know is, that progress carries over from the Cold War Multiplayer into Warzone and the other way around.
- READ MORE: Call of Duty's new operator Morte
Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer Beta Dates
Will there be a multiplayer beta? Yes! Will there be an open beta? Yes! And we finally know when it takes place. Players on PlayStation 4 can get their hands on the game one week early.
Beta-Weekend 1 – PS4 exclusive
- Early Access: October 8
- Open Beta: October 10
- End of the Beta: October 12
Beta-Weekend 2 – PS4, PC, Xbox One
- Early Access: October 15 (every PS4 player can participate)
- Open Beta: October 17
- End of the Beta: October 19
For more on Call of Duty and Esports, check back on EarlyGame.