Remember the good old times when there was a debate on who’s the best player in MLS – Carlos Vela or Zlatan Ibrahimović? EA Sports have settled that debate by naming Vela the best player in the MLS TOTSSF squad. Ibra is now playing in Serie A of course, but that’s just minor details.
Strong South American presence in MLS TOTSSF
Unsurprisingly, one of the main resources of the US football league, no we’re not calling it soccer, South America chimes in with over half of the MLS TOTSSF’s roster. The highest rated South American player on the squad is Josef Martínez who only trails one player with his 94 OVR.
- READ MORE: EA surprise drop Latin America TOTSSF
That one player is of course is Los Angeles FC star man Carlos Vela. Jokes aside, the Mexican forward has been tearing the MLS apart in the two years he’s been there, so his 96-rated card is well deserved. The home nation has three home-grown representatives on the team, the best of which is Ike Opara. The center back is rated at a respectable 92 OVR.
The full MLS TOTSSF squad:
- GK: Bill Hamid – 86 OVR (D.C. United)
- RB: Jorge Moreira – 89 OVR (Portland Timbers)
- CB: Ike Opara – 92 OVR (Minnesota United)
- CB: Miles Robinson – 88 OVR (Atlanta United)
- CDM: Eduard Atuesta – 90 OVR (Los Angeles FC)
- CM: Maximiliano Moralez – 92 OVR (Ney York City)
- CAM: Alejandro Pozuelo – 93 OVR (Toronto FC)
- CAM: Nicolás Lodeiro – 91 OVR (Seattle Sounders)
- RW: Carlos Vela – 96 OVR (Los Angeles FC)
- LW: Diego Rossi – 91 OVR (Los Angeles FC)
- ST: Josef Martínez – 94 OVR (Atlanta United)
- LW: Nani – 92 OVR (Orlando City) – SBC
Than Nani SBC caught you by surprise, didn’t it? The former Manchester United winger is now captaining Orlando City, imagine that, and has been doing pretty well during his first season in the MLS. This SBC card is a nice throwback at the very least.
Throwback is almost the same word as flashback, except that EA don’t make throwback cards. They do make Flashback ones, though, like that Allan Flashback SBC card you might want to obtain.