Call of Duty: Warzone has received a new patch which nerfs two of the most popular weapons in the game: the FFAR, and the AUG. We have the full patch notes for you, along with everything you need to know about the April 6 Warzone Update.
Well, it's about bloody time, isn't it? Time to fix the AUG, time to fix the FFAR 1, apparently not time to fix Warzone itself (never seems to be, so no surprises there), but it is certainly time for a new patch. When could be a better time than now? Tomorrow? Yesterday? Alright, we'll get on with it... Don't get your knickers in a knot!
Warzone Update: AUG & FFAR 1 Nerfed
The nerfs to the AUG and FFAR have significantly reduced their ability to tear through enemies faster than your dad tears through a pork chop. In other words, they are no long over-powered pains in the proverbial. Speaking of proverbs, we went into more detail about the FFAR nerf in a separate article... Don't be lazy, read it.
In other nerfs, it looks like the Rear Grip attachments now actually increase ADS speed, unlike before. Oh, and the Pellington 703 wrapped suppressor is not broken anymore. You can see its changes in the statistics bar. Fancy! Or... just a little less broken.
Speaking of broken, the Geometric, Flora, and Science Camo challenges for the R1 Shadowhunter are now fixed. It will be curious to know how long that lasts for...
Warzone Update: Official Patch Notes
Let's now dive into the specifics of the patch notes. If you want to see them listed in full, you better run on over to Raven Software's website. It's a boring read, so your best staying here... but suit yourself:
Warzone Patch Notes: General
- The Camo Challenges for the "R1 Shadowhunter" now appear correctly for the Geometric, Flora, and Science Camo Categories.
Warzone Patch Notes: Weapons
- Cold War Tactical Rifle Charlie – Recoil strength has been increased: Burst weapons ride a fine line between inefficient and oppressive. The intent of this change is to maintain the weapon’s identity of being a powerhouse while making it a bit more difficult to wield. Right now we feel it is too easy to stay on target given how lethal it is. We will continue to monitor the performance of the Tactical Rifle Charlie and make additional changes if necessary.
- FFAR 1 – ADS speed has been decreased: The FFAR is a jack of all trades. It has the damage profile and range of an AR as well as the fire rate of an SMG. The FFAR’s wholesale efficacy has it edging out SMGs at ranges we're not satisfied with. Ideally, the FFAR fulfills the role of a mid-range dominator while falling prey to weapons that excel in short-range engagements. We are bringing the FFAR a bit more in line with what you might expect from an AR—damage and range at the cost of handling.
Warzone Patch Notes: Attachments
- Rear Grip attachments that showed ADS speed pros should now properly increase ADS speed.
- Fixed a bug with the Groza where the 16.5” CMV Mil-Spec barrel would bypass damage falloff.
- Fixed a bug with the Ember Sighting Point where the XM4 and AK-47 had their ADS speed increased rather than decreased.
- Fixed a bug with the Salvo Fast Mag where the FFAR 1 and M16 were not having their ADS speed decreased.
- The Pelington 703 Wrapped Suppressor effects should now be properly represented in the stat bar.
Warzone Update: Everything Else You Should Know
The thing about the latest Warzone Update, is that it isn't all that much. It holds some pretty solid quality-of-life changes, it nerfs the AUG and the FFAR, and it makes some other small alterations. Those nerfs are super needed, so we are pretty happy about that. The thing is... that's really about it!
Keep in mind, the update is out, but you don't have to download and entirely new patch file. Just jump into the settings menu, and accept the prompt to update your settings. It will only take a couple of minutes, and it won't require too much download capacity... something that's very surprising for Activision. Enjoy. I'm off to eat pizza.
- Warzone Missiles: Verdansk Nuke Event & Missiles Flying Explained
- Warzone Hotfix Finally Nerfs FFAR
- Warzone Map Leak: No New Verdansk?