Warzone has been relatively quiet lately. No wonder, CoD: Vanguard was released at the beginning of November, and not much has happened in Warzone since then. At the beginning of December, more precisely on the 2nd or 3rd, the current map, Verdansk, will be replaced by the new Warzone Pacific Map Caldera. Before that happens, we can celebrate the old map again in Operation Flashback. As the name suggests, the Limited Time Mode brings back a ton of modes, weapons, Vault Keys, and more that weren't available in Warzone for a long time. Enough talk, what is Operation Flashback now?
Operation Flashback Celebrates Verdansk
Warzone was released on March 10, 2020, and the Verdansk map has been around for just as long. Sure, it was reworked for Black Ops Cold War and renamed Verdansk '84, but Verdansk has always remained Verdansk. Since players obviously want more after almost two years on the same map, Verdansk is being replaced by Caldera. But not before we look back at our time in the OG in Operation Flashback.
How Long Does Operation Flashback Last?
Operation Flashback started on November 18 and will last two weeks until December 2. More than enough time to recollect before the excitement of a new map takes over.
What Happens in Operation Flashback?
Operation Flashback is basically a mix of all the events we've enjoyed the past 18 months. Players land in Verdansk '84 as usual, but each new circle in the match starts a public in-game event from the past. The circles close more quickly, and there are 9 instead of 8 circles per match.
Operation Flashback Events
Here are the events that can happen mid-game:
- Fire Sale: Major discounts at all Buy Stations for most items.
- Jailbreak: All eliminated players redeploy into the match.
- Supply Chopper: Supply Helicopters fly around the map, with their health now significantly reduced compared to the standard event, to make them even more of a game-changer if you can acquire their Supply Crates.
- Cash Drop: Plunder Cash drops will become available across the map.
- Loadouts: Free Loadout Drops, a welcome sight in Verdansk, especially for those former Iron Trials competitors. However, it’s now with a new twist – Loadout Drop Markers are only available to purchase from Buy Stations once this Loadout Drop Public Event has happened. So get scavenging and leverage the loot you find!
Here are the events that can happen at the start of each new circle:
- Ground Fall (Season Four, Black Ops Cold War): Satellites crash to the ground in this event, dropping Satellite Caches free for the taking… if you can get them.
- Hostile Fire (Season Three, Black Ops Cold War): Arm C4 on the rooftop of “Downtown Tower” while avoiding the incoming attack chopper for one of the Vault Keycards. Simultaneously, the “Unfinished Business” Contracts make a glorious return, so it’s a race to the vault!
- Restock (Season One, Black Ops Cold War via Rebirth Island): All Supply Boxes on the map close and refresh their loot, perfect for if you’ve just returned from the Gulag…
- Resurgence (Season One, Black Ops Cold War via Rebirth Island): All players redeploy if at least one squad member is still alive. Rebirth Island Resurgence Operators will know the rules of this event and the Restock one well.
- Juggernaut Royale (Season Four, Modern Warfare): Multiple Juggernaut crates deploy to the field, equippable as one-per-squad. View the Tac Map to see where they drop, and prepare for a fight.
- Weapon Drops: A brand-new event for Operation: Flashback, expect a drop of heavy weapons crates with predefined loot to award the most daring squads with huge firepower.. including [REDACTED] weapons.
Operation Flashback Item Pool
The ground loot is absolutely fire in this mode. They've brought back the best of the best from over the years:
- Overdrive Perk (Season Five, Black Ops Cold War): Grants a temporary speed boost.
- Durable Gas Mask (Season Five Secret Item, Modern Warfare): Single-use item that allows Operators to not take damage in the circle collapse for 30 seconds.
- Advanced UAV (Season Two Secret Item, Modern Warfare): Reveals both the positions and directions of all Operators within Verdansk. Those who currently have Ghost equipped will also appear on the radar outside of 250 meters but will disappear once the squad using an Advanced UAV gets into that range.
- 2X Perk (Season Five, Black Ops Cold War): Doubles Points, XP, and Cash during its activation time.
- Vault Keycards #1 and #3 (Season Three Secret Item, Black Ops Cold War): Can be used alongside Vault Keycard #2 from the “Downtown Tower” Public Event to unlock [[CONFIDENTIAL]] (but ’80s Action Heroes already know this…).
- Hunter Vision (Season Five, Black Ops Cold War): Occasionally highlights all nearby enemies with a heat signature, granting increased visibility on them, even though in cover.
- Specialist Token (Season Three Secret Item, Black Ops Cold War): A highly desirable item that awards the player who loots this token with all available Perks.
In addition to these items, Operators will receive all-new rewards for completing Scavenger and Recon Contracts. Completing a Scavenger Contract will award a guaranteed Cluster Strike or Precision Airstrike, while Recon Contracts give out a free UAV.
Operation Flashback Closeout Sale
The usual buy-station items have been replaced by the following:
- Self-Revive Kit
- Armor Plate Bundle
- Armor Box
- Recon Drone
- Munitions Box
- Sentry Gun
- Loadout Drop Marker
- Armored Truck
Are The Bunkers And Vaults In Verdansk Open Again?
Yes and no, the bunkers are still closed, but three key cards can drop during Operation Flashback. You may remember the 80s Action Heroes event, in which we were able to open a safe in the Nakatomi Tower. This safe can now be opened again with a keycard. They've also re-opened the less impressive Stadium loot rooms.
If you want to say goodbye to Verdansk again, now is the opportunity to do so. Even if you've only recently started Warzone, you should still take a look, after all, you can now experience in-game events that you may have missed.