Call of Duty: Vanguard saw a pretty smooth launch, with few server problems and a relatively polished multiplayer experienced. While the Zombies and Campaign portions of the game didn't fare too well, there's a lot to love in the multiplayer portion of Sledgehammer Games' latest effort. Especially when it comes to the game's multiplayer maps and general level of polish, this year's Call of Duty should be commended.
The thing is, though, that no matter how well the launch went, there are always going to be problems that emerge in a game crammed full of individual users. Thus, Sledgehammer Games release regular updates for Call of Duty: Vanguard, to address issues here and there. We're here to deliver Vanguard's full patch notes, and have a little discussion about what each update brings to the table. We will continue to update this article as new patches release.
What Changed in Call of Duty: Vanguard Update 1.09?
Vanguard's Update 1.09 focuses primarily on changes to the multiplayer and Zombies portions of the game. It is a relatively minor patch, and retains Shipment, the new Multiplayer Map that was added in last week's Playlist Update. In addition, a number of weapon-related changes came into effect, reducing the effects of ADS Spread and balancing Shotguns a bit better against their competitors. This was much needed, the Combat Shotgun in particular was ruining the "Ship Haus" playlist.
Ongoing issues relating to the MK11 Launcher have been addressed, including various bug fixes regarding perks, challenges, and proficiencies. This patch does bring a variety of fixes and changes to multiplayer, some of which were greatly required. One of the more brutal bugs that was addressed here is one with the Grizzled Veteran Challenge, where fifty eliminations was not tracking correctly. A UI glitch in Search and Destroy, that caused players to see when an enemy was defusing a bomb, has also been fixed.
In terms of Zombies, the changes are sadly a little more minor. With Zombies being by far the game's weakest mode, we're generally enthusiastic for any changes that may come, but today's patch didn't really deliver on that front. In Call of Duty: Vanguard's Update 1.09, the devs are clearly focused on fixing bugs rather than adding content.
Sledgehammer Games have addressed an issue that players were having where they could interact with the Exfiltrate Portal, despite choosing not to exfiltrate. Additionally, a problem with Solange's MVP Highlight unlock text has been fixed, and a pretty major problem with the new Covenant system has also been fixed. That makes a lot of sense: after all, Legendary Covenants do need to appear for you to be able to actually use them!
Call of Duty: Vanguard Update 1.09 Patch Notes
You can find the patch notes for Vanguard Update 1.09 int heir entirety beneath. Update 1.09 released on November 18, only a day after 1.08 dropped on November 17. Sledgehammer Games are releasing patches for Call of Duty: Vanguard very frequently at the moment, and you can view the complete patch notes, including the patch notes for previous updates, on the Sledgehammer Games Blog.
Vanguard Update 1.09: Multiplayer
- Reduced the effects of ADS Spread (aka Bloom) on base weapons (without attachments).
- Dev Note: Attachments improving Accuracy will reduce ADS Spread. Attachments with Accuracy penalties will increase the effects of ADS Spread.
- Balance pass on all Shotguns affecting range, pellet spread, hipfire penalty, and more.
- Fixed an issue where the MK11 launcher’s Long Shot Challenges were not tracking.
- Corrected a mislabeled Proficiency required for the Mind Games Challenge for the Automaton.
- Fixed a bug preventing the player from completing the Deadeye Challenge for the Fighting Knife.
UI - Gameplay
- Fixed the Search and Destroy bomb glitch where players could see when an enemy was defusing the bomb.
- Fixed the Gung Ho sprint speed shooting glitch - Slow down, friends.
- Fixed a bug where players had 10x the amount of Armor HP than normal.
- Fixed a bug where the Grizzled Veteran Challenge - Get 50 Eliminations in Objective Modes was not tracking properly.
- Operators’ favorite weapons now provide the correct amount of XP when used.
- You know you shouldn’t be rocking the SHG, IW, and Raven tags. Now we’ve made it so you can’t.
Vanguard Update 1.09: Zombies
- Addressed an issue where the player could still interact with the Exfil portal after failing to Exfil.
- Corrected the MVP Highlight unlock text that displays when reaching Level 5 with Solange.
- Addressed an issue where Legendary Covenants were still not appearing for some players.
Vanguard Update 1.09: Campaign
No changes came to Call of Duty: Vanguard's Campaign in Update 1.09, and thus there are no patch notes to provide you with here.
Reporting Problems With Call of Duty: Vanguard
Since the game's launch, Sledgehammer Games have released an update every few days, each reviewing and addressing a variety of issues that have been stumbled upon by users since the game's launch on November 5. Please remember to report any problems you find within the game using Activision Support's Online Form. In addition, you can take a look at the various issues they are currently working to resolve on Vanguard's Trello Board.