Patch 1.08 balances a lot of weapons, among other things
The First Big Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Patch Is Here: See What's Up!
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Season 1 is here. New operators, weapons, maps and lots of meta balancing all play lead roles in patch 1.08. The biggest news of course is the introduction of BOCW to Warzone.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War was originally supposed to begin on December 10. Naturally, the delay did not flatter the fanbase, but now that patch 1.08 is at long last here, we can start disecting it.
This is the first major content update for BOCW and the largest in Warzone in many months. The patches are separated and so are our articles. We already took a dive into the new Warzone stuff, now let's see what's up with BOCW.
Image GalleryView Gallery
We covered all the new content from Season 1 in our Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War roadmap. Therefore, we will focus here on the new weapon balancing and the most important innovations from patch 1.08.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Patch Notes
- The first Battle Pass for BOCW offers 100 levels of unlockable content. Among them are the two new weapons Groza and MAC-10.
- Thanks to the new cross-game progression system, all XP earned in Warzone, Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War will now count towards your Battle Pass and Prestige progress.
- New Prestige levels up to level 1000.
- New challenges and operator missions.
- Various stability improvements and UI fixes.
- Eight new multiplayer maps (The Pines, Raid, Nuketown '84 Holiday, Game Show, ICBM, KGB, Subway, Sanatorium).
- Gunfight and Prop Hunt as new game modes.
- Various small changes and bug fixes to spawns and other aspects of the maps.
- New playlists for the new maps: Raid the Mall, Gunfight, Prop Hunt, Nuketown '84 Holiday 24/7.
- AK-47: Headshot multiplier reduced, damage of the 20" Spetsnaz barrel reduced.
- Krig 6: Headshot multiplier reduced.
- FFAR 1: Damage range extended, less recoil.
- Milano 821: Damage range extended.
- KSP 45: Damage range extended.
- Bullfrog: Damage range extended.
- M16: Rate of fire reduced, damage range reduced.
- AUG: Headshot multiplier reduced, damage range reduced, rate of fire reduced, damage of 19.8" Special Command barrel reduced.
- M60: Faster aiming, weapon change speed increased.
- M82: Higher multiplier from the chest up, 22.6" Tiger Team barrel provides one-shots on arms, recoil adjusted.
- Magnum: Damage range extended, higher rate of fire.
- Hauer 77: Damage range reduced, range of 25.2" Task Force barrel reduced.
- Gallo SA 12: Damage range reduced, rate of fire reduced, range of 24.8" Task Force barrel reduced.
Perks & Equipment
- Flak Jacket: Reduced explosive damage mitigation.
- Forward Intel: Increased viewable mini-map area.
- Ninja: Removed protection from Field Mic detection.
- Spycraft: Added full immunity to Field Mic detection.
- Frag Grenade: Slightly increased damage.
- Molotov: Slightly increased damage.
- Stimshot: Reduced heal speed.
- Field Mic: No longer detects users who are crouch-walking, ADS walking, or swimming.
- Gas Mine: Increased damage, removed detonation delay and reduced how much a player will be slowed down when affected by the gas.
- H.A.R.P.: New drone that reveals enemies and shows their line of sight.
- Cruise Missile: Minor bug fixes.
- RC-XD: Can no longer push team members away.
In addition to all these changes, there is now a 2-player split screen for Zombie Mode as well as numerous fixes for Die Maschine and Dead Ops Arcade 3. Those who want to read all the patch notes in detail can do so at Treyarch.
Original article by EarlyGame's Lukas Ballat.