Warzone and Black Ops Cold War are about to enter the midseason, aka Season 5 Reloaded. We've got Judge Dredd, The Numbers event, and a couple of new modes on the way. Here's a rundown of everything coming next week.
We're about to get a decent-sized content drop, but we'll be honest here, you can tell they don't want to draw too much attention away from the Vanguard beta that begins on September 10. We're definitely in the dying days of Verdansk, and it was a shame not to see them do a little more for the map that's brought us so much joy over the last two years. That said, let's see what we're getting.
What's The Time & Date Of Release For Warzone Season 5 Reloaded?
Warzone Season 5 Reloaded will go live on Thursday, September 9 at 00:00 ET (05:00 ET, 06:00 CEST). But don't worry you can expect pre-download to be available from next Thursday, September 7.
Season 5 Reloaded: Warzone Content
New Warzone Modes
- 50v50 combat is back in Warzone.
- Building off Warzone Rumble, a deathmatch based in Verdansk, Clash takes select areas from this massive map and pits two teams of 50 v 50 against each other in an unlimited respawn fight to 500 points. Whether it’s Downtown, the Boneyard, or even the popular-drop zone of the Factory, your mission in these Clash areas remains the same: earn points by eliminating enemies and completing Contracts for in-match rewards.
- You can collect power ups from defeated enemies that give gaming-changing abilities.
Note: Crash is a terrible game mode; cordoned off areas of Verdansk aren't balanced for TDM.
- Do you consider yourself a Tier One Operator of the highest caliber? Now’s the chance to prove it: Only the strongest survive in the toughest Battle Royale mode to ever come to Verdansk! Flex your mastery over the entire arsenal of weapons, prove you can handle any firefight with any type of armament, and earn an exclusive Calling Card to prove your mettle. The rules have changed. Here is how the mode works:
- Health and Regeneration: An iron will, and a serious constitution is needed to survive, so expect your base health to be increased, and your health regen rate to be changed too.
- Loadouts: There are no free passes in this mode! Complementary Loadout Drops have been removed, meaning you’ll need to purchase your preferred weaponry. The cost at a Buy Station has risen, too.
- Gulag: The Gulag is open, but the emphasis is on a one-on-one skillful takedown against your opponent. No akimbo. No semi-auto or fully-auto shotguns. Almost no tactical equipment. The only thing standing between you and redeployment is the agility of your trigger finger. Win the Gulag? Then you can drop back into Verdansk… with whatever weapon and equipment you were carrying at the end of your Gulag bout!
- Supplemental: Also expect additional changes to environmental elements and a variety of important aspects that impact your Warzone experience. More expansive intel available soon.
Like keeping up to speed with all things Call of Duty? Then you've come to the right place, here are some of our recent articles:
- How To Be A Terrible Person - The 6 Most Toxic Plays In Warzone
- New Pacific Warzone Map Release Date Leaked | 1 Minute News
- Call of Duty: Player Of The Month August 2021 – Iron
Season 5 Reloaded: BOCW Content
New Map - Zoo
- First seen in the original Black Ops’ Escalation DLC pack in 2011, Zoo is a medium-sized map specifically designed for 6v6 game modes in Black Ops Cold War, trimming the playable space down to its main animal exhibit and park area for Multiplayer.
New Mode - Demolition
- First introduced in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare™ 2 (2009), this game mode is akin to a respawn-enabled, amped-up Search and Destroy. In Demolition, one team of attackers attempts to destroy a pair of bombsites while defenders must prevent the detonations.
New Outbreak Region - Armada
- Located in the North Atlantic Ocean, Armada was the site of NATO and Warsaw Pact skirmishes over a sunken prototype nuclear submarine. With the Dark Aether spreading into the Atlantic, it seems nuclear armaments weren’t the only volatile element in the area. A dimensional rift has caused an intense energy spike, making the area rich in Aetherium Crystals, Essence... and the ravenous undead.
New World Event in Outbreak
- Across the Outbreak Zones, Requiem is reporting the presence of a new chest type alongside the usual small, medium, large, and golden varieties: the mysterious Black Chest.
Rampage Inducer in Round-Based Maps
- Operators heading back into round-based experiences to complete those Season Five Challenges will also find a new feature to ramp up the action from the very start: the Rampage Inducer.
- Appearing as an orange Essence canister in the starting area, the Rampage Inducer will temporarily ramp up the difficulty to Cranked-level proportions if all members of a squad agree to take on the challenge.
- Once activated, this canister will speed up zombie spawn rates and cause all zombies to sprint endlessly until Round 20, turning up the action until the second major round milestone is reached… or a total squad wipe long before then.