The Call of Duty: Vanguard beta weekend began on Friday, September 10. We were providing full coverage, breaking down all the weapons, perks, and equipment, and addressing the biggest concerns of playtesters. Here's our complete guide to the perks of CoD: Vanguard.
Perks are always a big part of the conversation, especially if they're eventually implemented into Warzone. Which this year, unlike last year, might actually happen. So let's take a look at all the perks in CoD: Vanguard that this gameplay leak revealed.
The Perks In CoD: Vanguard
Perk 1 - Counters
These perks are your direct counters to other people's intel or attacks. Ghost has changed to only work while moving, but this nerf was expected.
- Ghost: Undetectable while moving by Spy Planes, enemy intel, and Field Mics. Reduces the effectiveness of Local Informants.
- Fortified: Reduce damage and health regen delay from explosives. Damage reduction increased while mounted, crouched, or prone.
- Low Profile: Training in how to avoid detection by the enemy. Immune to the effects of Piercing Vision.
- Survival Training: Maximized resistance to stun effects. Immune to gas.
Perk 2 - Intel
Perks in this slot are going to be giving you intel, and for the first time in a long time, this makes perfect logic as a perk category. This is great to see, a good balance should emerge between knowing too little and too much about the enemy.
- High Alert: Your vision pulses when enemies outside of your view see you.
- Radar: Enemies appear on your minimap when they fire an unsilenced weapon.
- Forward Intel: See indicators for enemy reinforcements on your minimap. Minimap shows a larger area.
- Tracker: Enemies leave behind a footprint trail. See markers at enemy death locations and hide the death markers of enemies you kill.
Like keeping up to speed with all things Call of Duty? Then you've come to the right place, here are some of our recent articles:
- Ranking Every Weapon From The CoD: Vanguard Alpha
- Leak: Warzone Pacific Map Release Date
- Warzone: The Best MAC-10 Setup & Loadout
Perk 3 - Bonuses & Equipment
These perks will actively give you something to use, and you'll note that Overkill has made it into Vanguard in a separate category to Ghost - it would be absolutely fascinating to see these changes implemented into Warzone.
- Demolition: Extra lethal on spawn. Thrown lethals display an indicator showing the path of the lethal.
- Double Time: Double the duration of Tactical Sprint. Increase crouch movement speed by 30%.
- Tactician: Restock your tactical equipment every 30 seconds.
- Overkill: Carry two primary weapons.
Is There A Meta In Vanguard?
From what we've played so far the meta loadout will look something like this:
- Primary Weapon: STG44 / MP40 / MG42 / NZ41 / Kar98k
- Secondary Weapon: Machine Pistol / Panzerschreck
- Lethal: Thermite
- Tactical: Stuns
- Perk 1: Ghost / Fortified
- Perk 2: Radar / Tracker
- Perk 3: Demolition / Overkill
- Field Upgrade: Armour Plates
The weapons so far have been feeling great but you'll notice that they don't show any weapon in the beta build that unlocks after level 30. But we're certain that there are more weapons, unlocked after level 30 than we haven't seen yet. So expect the above meta speculation to change if something broken unlocks at level 40.