The Call of Duty: Vanguard beta weekend began on Friday, September 10. We were providing full coverage, breaking down all the weapons, perks, and equipment, and addressing the biggest concerns of playtesters. Here's our complete guide to the equipment of CoD: Vanguard.
They've shown good self-control here. There's nothing mental or too overpowered, and it's all period-correct. They pick up some serious brownie points with the equipment.
One big takeaway that will surprise most players - the S-Mine (effectively the claymore of Vanguard) is now in the Tactical slot. That's an interesting change and we hope to see it trialed in Warzone.
The Lethal Equipment In CoD: Vanguard
- MK2 Frag Grenade - Frags are largely unchanged from previous titles.
- Gammon Bomb - Interesting, these reminded me most of Siege's impact grenades. Great for manipulating the environment but not offensively strong.
- Molotov Cocktail - Meh.
- Demolition Charge - C4
- Thermite - Like Thermite from MW 2019 but as a canister.
- Throwing Knife - You know what a throwing knife is.
Like keeping up to speed with all things Call of Duty? Then you've come to the right place, here are some of our recent articles:
- Ranking Every Weapon From The CoD: Vanguard Alpha
- Leak: Warzone Pacific Map Release Date
- Warzone: The Best MAC-10 Setup & Loadout
The Tactical Equipment In CoD: Vanguard
- M18 Smoke Grenade - Smokes are largely unchanged from previous titles.
- No 69 Stun Grenade- Again, largely unchanged from previous titles.
- MK V Gas - A little better than usual, the Gas seems to persist for longer than usual.
- Stim - It's good to see Stim making a return, and if it suits your playstyle, you'll find it as strong as ever.
- S-Mine 44 - Our older readers will remember Bouncing Bettys from WaW. That's what these are.
Is There A Meta In Vanguard?
From what we've played so far the meta loadout will look something like this:
- Primary Weapon: STG44 / MP40 / MG42 / NZ41 / Kar98k
- Secondary Weapon: Machine Pistol / Panzerschreck
- Lethal: Thermite
- Tactical: Stuns
- Perk 1: Ghost / Fortified
- Perk 2: Radar / Tracker
- Perk 3: Demolition / Overkill
- Field Upgrade: Armour Plates
The weapons, equipment, and field upgrades have been feeling great, but we're sure there are still more unlocks we haven't seen yet. So expect the above meta speculation to change over time.
Are you happy with the equipment we've seen so far? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter, and remember, you should consider joining MyEarlyGame today for exclusive tourneys and loads of great giveaways!