The Call of Duty: Vanguard beta weekend began on Friday, September 10. We were providing full coverage over the weekend, breaking down all the weapons, perks, and equipment, and addressing the biggest concerns of playtesters. Here's our complete guide to the Killstreaks & Field Upgrades In Call of Duty: Vanguard.
The Killstreaks are conventional and even quite weak for a Call of Duty game. You can't completely pin a team down to their spawn like you've been able to in certain previous CoD's. But the return of Dogs is nice to see.
Field Upgrades are very similar to Modern Warfare 2019, with the exception of the Goliath. This is a remote-controlled, kamikaze, miniature tank (don't ask) and it's surprisingly good fun.
The Killstreaks In CoD: Vanguard
- Intel - Reveal nearby enemies to the summoning player through repeated pings on the minimap over a short period.
- Care Package - Drops a single care package that rewards a random killstreak on pickup.
- Spy Plane - Calls in a spy plane which reveals all enemy positions on the minimap to allies. Can be shot down.
- Counter Spy Plane - Calls in a counter spy plane that obscures the minimap for all enemies. Can be shot down.
- Glide Bomb - Drops a bomb whose path can be guided toward enemies, killing them instantly.
- Deathmachine - Equips a machine gun with explosive rounds and a fixed number of bullets. Persists through death until ammo is depleted.
- Mortar Barrage - Toss a flare canister to mark an area for repeated mortar fire.
- War Machine - Equips a semi-automatic grenade launcher with a fixed number of grenades. Persists through death until ammo is depleted.
- Flamenaut - Receive a flamethrower with unlimited fuel and a protective suit. Both lost on death.
- Attack Dogs - Summons a pack of attack dogs that target nearby enemies for a period of time.
Like keeping up to speed with all things Call of Duty? Then you've come to the right place, here are some of our recent articles:
- Ranking Every Weapon From The CoD: Vanguard Alpha
- Leak: Warzone Pacific Map Release Date
- Warzone: The Best MAC-10 Setup & Loadout
The Field Upgrades In CoD: Vanguard
- Supply Box - Deploys a box of ammo and equipment for you and your teammates. Explodes when shot.
- Armour Plates - Equip body armor.
- Goliath - A small remote-controlled bomb on tracks. Controllable for 30 seconds, after which it self-destructs. Can be detonated early.
- Field Mic - Reveals nearby enemy movement on the minimap.
- Dead Silence - Temporarily makes your footsteps silent. Gun, melee and throwing knife kills refresh duration.
Is There A Meta In Vanguard?
From what we've played so far the meta loadout will look something like this:
- Primary Weapon: STG44 / MP40 / MG42 / NZ41 / Kar98k
- Secondary Weapon: Machine Pistol / Panzerschreck
- Lethal: Thermite
- Tactical: Stuns
- Perk 1: Ghost / Fortified
- Perk 2: Radar / Tracker
- Perk 3: Demolition / Overkill
- Field Upgrade: Armour Plates
The weapons, equipment, and field upgrades have been feeling great, but we're sure there are still more unlocks we haven't seen yet. So expect the above meta speculation to change over time.
Are you happy with the equipment we've seen so far? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter, and remember, you should consider joining MyEarlyGame today for exclusive tourneys and loads of great giveaways!