Warzone Season 4: Reloaded is here. We didn't get the new Warzone game mode we were expecting - Payload - but we did get some other treats, including the new SMG, the OTs 9. The OTs 9 might be better known to some of you as the Skorpion, as it was in older CoD games. Here's how to unlock the OTs 9.
The OTs 9 Is Warzone's latest SMG. It's got a wonderfully high rate of fire, but, unfortunately, a limiting magazine capacity at 40 rounds maximum. Still, with the widespread nerfs everything else got, the OTs 9 could be well worth the grind. Here's a quick rundown on how to get yours.
How To Unlock The OTs 9 In Warzone?
- Zombies Challenge: You have to kill 50 Tempests using SMGs within 2 seconds of them reappearing after Teleporting. Wow, that was a mouthful, but yes this is (as usual) probably the easier challenge to unlock the OTs 9.
- Multiplayer/Warzone Challenge: Using SMGs, kill 2 or more players within rapid succession in 15 completed matches. This isn't tough, but it's a grind. 15 completed matches cannot be rushed - it will take about 4 hours to unlock the OTs 9 with this method.
- Pay For It: As usual, there's a version of the new weapon available in-store for those who don't want to do all the challenges. Obviously, this is the quickest method to unlock the OTs 9, but it's going to cost you 1200CP, or about 10 USD.
As you can see, you'll also be getting an execution animation and some Soviet-themed cosmetics. So this bundle is really just an excuse to sell the impatient players a quick OTs 9.
Like keeping up to speed with all things Season 4: Reloaded? So do we, here's a few of the new additions in case you missed anything:
- Warzone & Black Ops Cold War Season 4: Reloaded Roadmap
- Warzone Update 1.39: Patch Notes & Weapon Tuning
Is The OTs 9 Any Good in Warzone?
It will be a decent Sniper Support option, but with only 40-rounds as an SMG, it would need to be exceptional to have an effect on the meta, and it isn't. I don't think anyone seriously expected it to be, though. It does have a very fast rate of fire, so that definitely counts in its favor, and the damage is good for an SMG. But that being said, these aren't the most comfortable irons sights to use, and the range is only on par with most other SMGs, so bad. The sweeping balance changes may open space in the top tier for more competition, but only time will tell.
What are you most excited about in the Season 4 Reloaded Update? Maybe the sweeping balance changes? Or perhaps it's the OTs 9? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter, and don't forget - you should consider joining MyEarlyGame for loads of great giveaways, exclusive tourneys, and a customizable home page for pure CoD news.