CoD: Black Ops Cold War Dark Ops Challenges are once again part of the newest Call of Duty game, after the previous CoD didn’t have them. We’ll show you all 32 Challenges that need to be completed in order to really finish the game.
The special part about Dark Ops Challenges is that you never know what they are until you’ve finished them. While that does make it more interesting, it simultaneously makes it ten times harder. You can spend hours upon hours in this game and do countless things to try and finish all these challenges, but unless you know what you have to do – at least in some form – that might take you a very long time.
So, let's brief you on what the challenges are and how to complete them!
Dark Ops Challenges are split into three parts.
The Multiplayer Dark Ops Challenges, the Zombies Dark Ops Challenges and the Campaign (Story) Dark Ops Challenges.
Let's start with the...:
Multiplayer Dark Ops Challenges:
- Relentless Killer: 20 kills without dying yourself
- Brutal Killer: 25 killstreaks
- Frenzied Killer: 5 rapid kills
- Mega Kill: 6 rapid kills
- Chain Killer: Kill more than 7 players rapidly
- From the Depths: Kill 25 enemies that are on land or a ship, while you're shooting at them with a primary or secondary weapon... while also being underwater
- Hard Wipe: Eliminate an entire squad of 4 in Fireteam mode on your own
- Underwater Ops: Plant C4 on a Gunboat or Wakerunner that an enemy is using while you're underwater and then detonate to destroy the vehicle and player 5 times
- Nuclear Killer: 30 kills without dying yourself
- Nuked Out: Earn a Nuclear Medal (see Nuclear Killer) in Free-For-All without using Scorestreak rewards
- Back At You: Throw a Frag Grenade back at the enemy that threw it at you first and kill them with it
- Very Nuclear: Earn a Nuclear Medal with 21 different weapons with all kills coming from that weapon
- Dark Ops Master: Complete all Dark Ops Challenges
Zombies Dark Ops Challenges:
- Social Distancing: Reach Round 20 without being hit
- Good Enough: Reach Round 20 using only your starting loadout and no upgrades
- Invincible: Reach Round 30 without going down
- Another Round?: Reach Round 100
- Harbinger of Doom: Kill 50 enemies with a single support
- Reaper of the Undead: Kill 1,000,000 enemies
- Box Addict: Buy every weapon from the mystery box in a single game
- Armed to the Teeth: Have 2 fully upgraded weapons with ammo mods and 6 perks in one game
- The Anvil: Exfil a game only using melee attacks
- Checkmate: Play every single trial in Die Maschine in a single game
- Evil Unleashed: Complete the main quest in Die Maschine
- Pristine Pelt: Defeat Mamaback in the final round without ever dying in Dead Ops Arcade
- King of Silverbacks: Earn a cumulative high score of 999,999,999 in Dead Ops Arcade
Campaign (Story) Dark Ops Challenges
- Retro Gamer: Unlock all arcade machines
- What do the Numbers Mean?: Decrypt the Floppy Disc in Operation Chaos
- Defiant: Attempt to jump to your death in Break on Through
- Anti-Hero: Wipe out all marked enemies with takedown attacks in Ashes to Ashes
- Cover your Tracks: Stash away five bodies as Belikov in Desperate Measures
- Awkward Chat: Answer both questions correctly in the elevator during Desperate Measures
It is true that these challenges do not count towards the completion of the game, but seeing them all done does give you some sense of accomplishment, doesn’t it? And besides, you get bragging rights to your friends if you’ve managed to finish them all. We promise we won’t tell that you’ve used our little guide here to do so – it’ll be our secret forever!
You can return the favor by staying on EarlyGame a little longer and check out other cool CoD: Black Ops Cold War stuff, like our Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer Map Guide!