With this shift, the times are a-changing!
CoD: Black Ops Cold War Season 1 Roadmap Broken Down
Season 1 of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War should actually already be up and running, but it was postponed to December 16! To go along with the postponement, a new roadmap with tons of fresh content has now been published!
You thought Season 1 of Black Ops Cold War had already started yesterday, on December 10, didn’t you? Well, you must be living under a rock and haven’t noticed the postponement. Season 1, and its associated integration with Warzone won’t launch until next week, on December 16. The announcement trailer premiered at yesterday’s The Game Awards...
A new roadmap has now been released, with all the info we have been forever asking for regarding new content for Black Ops Cold War and Warzone. If you want to see a comparison to the original roadmap, you can read the original announcement here:
Since Season 1 will be offering so much new content, and you probably don’t want to read 20 pages, we have summarized the most important points about multiplayer and zombie modes in this article. All information about new Warzone content can be found here:
For those of you who want to read every last bloody detail, we think that’s a little weird, but whatever floats your boat - you can find the full blog post along with all the news over at Activision!
Black Ops Cold War Season 1 Roadmap
Three New Operators
With Zeyna, Stitch and Bulldozer, we get three new, pretty cool looking operators in Season 1, which can be used in Black Ops Cold War as well as in Warzone.
- Vikhor “Stitch” Kuzmin is a former KGB chemical weapons expert who oversaw the production of Nova 6 on Rebirth Island. After the CIA caught him, he lost an eye during interrogation by Adler and was recruited by Perseus shortly thereafter. Stitch is unlocked immediately with the purchase of the Battle Pass.
- Wyat “Bulldozer” Jones is a member of the US Marine Corps Special Reaction Team, and can be purchased as part of a bundle during Season 1!
- Zeyna Ossou is a DGSE Mobility and Heavy Weapons Specialist, and is also available as part of a bundle.
Five New Weapons
Yeah, that’s right...a whole FIVE new weapons are being added to BOCW and Warzone with Season 1!
- With the MAC 10 comes a new submachine gun that is said to be particularly notable for its high mobility. It will be unlocked at level 15 of the Battle Pass.
- The new Groza assault rifle offers high fire rate and range with good mobility and will be unlocked at level 31 of the Battle Pass.
- The Streetsweeper is the first fully automatic shotgun to come to Black Ops Cold War. It is unlocked either through a bundle or through a challenge.
- With the Sledgehammer, you get a huge hammer as a melee weapon, which you can use to beat your opponents’ heads to a pulp. It is also unlocked through a challenge or a bundle.
- And, finally, we get the Wakizashi, a fancy Japanese sword. It is, again, unlocked through a challenge or a bundle.
Image GalleryView Gallery
New Multiplayer Modes
- The popular Firefight mode from Modern Warfare will also be available in BOCW in Season 1. It offers extremely exciting 2v2 matches on four smaller maps specially created for the mode.
- Prop Hunt is back! In this popular hide-and-seek mode, teams are divided into Props and Hunter. The Props players can disguise themselves as any object on the map, and the Hunters must find and destroy them. If all the props are destroyed, the hunters win, and if the time limit runs out first, then the props win.
- In Dropkick, both teams fight for a nuclear briefcase. The team with the briefcase has to protect the carrier of the briefcase and gets constant points on their account. Whomever dies while the team has a briefcase cannot respawn until the carrier is eliminated.
- Hardpoint is now also available in 12v12 Combined Arms mode.
Eight New Multiplayer Maps!
- The Pines is a 6v6 map set in a snowy shopping center in New Jersey.
- The legendary Black Ops 2 map, Raid, also offers intense 6v6 action.
- With Nuketown ‘84 Holiday, we get a Christmas-themed version of the classic.
- Game Show, ICBM, KGB and Subway are four entirely new 2v2 maps for the Firefight mode.
- Finally, Sanatorium is a new map for Fireteam mode.
New Zombie Modes... ooooh!
- Jingle Hells is a time-limited game mode that brings some Christmas spirit to The Machine. Besides all sorts of decorations, there are also new weapons, like snowballs that freeze zombies, presents dropped by enemies, and surprises hidden in snowmen.
- Cranked is a second time-limited game mode – literally! Not only is this mode only available for a certain amount of time, but you’ll also have to keep an eye on a timer at all times. If you don’t kill any zombies for too long, you’ll explode! BOOOOOOM...
In addition to the various new additions we have discussed, there will also be Season Challenges that unlock new Calling Cards. There will also be new Prestige levels and the Prestige Shop will open. Every 50 prestige levels from level 50 to level 1000, you will be rewarded with a Prestige Key that you can spend in the Prestige Shop. And don’t forget, you’ll also gain prestige progress by playing Warzone and Modern Warfare!
That was the most important information about the multiplayer and zombie modes in Season 1 of Black Ops Cold War. Don’t forget to check out our article on what’s new in Warzone, and to stay up to date!
- BOCW Setup Guides: AUG – Everybody Gets A Burst!
- BOCW Setup Guides: AK-47 – The Heavy-Hitter of the ARs
- CoD Warzone: The Special Bunker 11 Guide
- CoD Warzone: Junkyard Bunker 02 Code and Guide
For more Call of Duty news, gaming content, and esports coverage, stick to EarlyGame! How are you enjoying Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter, and check out our YouTube channel!
Original article by EarlyGame's Lukas Ballat.