Scorestreaks have been rebalanced!
CoD: Black Ops Cold War Patch Notes 10 December
Originally, Season 1 of Black Ops Cold War was supposed to start yesterday, but the launch was postponed until December 16. Nevertheless, some preparatory updates are already coming. The latest one is mainly about Scorestreaks.
Recently, the Pre-Season 1 Update was released, which brought some adjustments in preparation for Season 1, and fixed a bunch of bugs! Yesterday evening, another much smaller update for Black Ops Cold War went live.
The new update mainly makes adjustments to the Score-streaks, but also delivers a few fixes, and brings back Nuketown 24/7. We’ll go through the most important changes with you, and you can find the complete patch notes over at Treyarch.
- First of all, Nuketown 24/7 is back! After the playlist disappeared with the pre-season update, it is now available again just a few days later, replacing the Motherland Moshpit playlist.
- Treyarch have fixed a problem with the recoil of the M60 LMG, as well as the alignment of the multizoom sight.
- RC-XD now destroys turrets with only one blast.
- Napalm Strike has been generated. Radius reduced by 16%, internal damage reduced by 10%, and external damage reduced by 12.5%.
- Artillery does 20% less damage on non-direct hits.
- Attack Helicopter now costs 5000, instead of 4500.
- VTOL Escort now costs 7000, instead of 8000.
- Chopper Gunner costs 8000 instead of 6500.
- Combat Bow and War Machine ammo can no longer be reset.
Image GalleryView Gallery
Zombies & Fixes
- The Hunter Mastery Calling Card now unlocks as intended.
- Fixes for some rare crashes and overall better stability in Zombie Mode.
Overall, it is clear that many of the stronger Score-streaks have been either buffed, nerfed, or require significantly more points to unlock. Although this will make it much more difficult for casual gamers to get a chopper gunner, the overall experience should benefit from having fewer attack helicopters in the skies of the future... Though, that doesn't sound quite as fun (if you are in the attack helicopter, that is)!
- BOCW Setup Guides: AUG – Everybody Gets A Burst!
- BOCW Setup Guides: AK-47 – The Heavy-Hitter of the ARs
- CoD Warzone: The Special Bunker 11 Guide
- CoD Warzone: Junkyard Bunker 02 Code and Guide
For more Call of Duty news, gaming content, and esports coverage, stick to EarlyGame! How are you enjoying Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter, and check out our YouTube channel!
Original article by EarlyGame's Lukas Ballat.