Activision is officially reducing the file size of Modern Warfare and Warzone! It's about time. You can save 33GB of space. Sweet!
So if you're playing Warzone, you know just how ridiculously large the game is. With the PS5 and Xbox Series X only sporting about 1TB of space and with external storage being super expensive, reducing the file sizes for Call of Duty games is great news. But before we dive into this news, you can catch up on the latest Call of Duty news here:
- Black Ops Cold War Season 2: Reloaded Roadmap & Patch Notes
- Call of Duty WW2: Vanguard Confirmed for 2021
- Dr. Disrespect DELETES Warzone!
How Much Are Warzone & Modern Warfare File Sizes Reduced?
The reduction is quite significant: If you have both Modern Warfare and Warzone installed, you'll be saving 33GB. Not bad. Not bad at all. That's another full AAA game that now has room on your system.
Here's how much exactly you will save:
- PlayStation: 11GB savings on Warzone and 19GB savings on Modern Warfare
- Xbox: 14GB savings on Warzone and 19 GB savings on Modern Warfare
- PC: 12GB savings on Warzone and 18 GB savings on Modern Warfare
Activision has achieved this by simply "streamlining content packs." You can even do some streamlining yourself: For example, if you never play Call of Duty's single player, then you can just go ahead and uninstall the single player portion of the game. Why has it taken Activision so long to reduce the file size of Warzone and Modern Warfare? Your guess is as good as ours...
The file size update is live today, on March 30, so enjoy that extra space for some more games!