Perhaps it will be less annoying now
Call of Duty Patch Nerfs the JAK-12
A rather small Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone patch went live yesterday evening, but it brought some important changes along. Most notably, a nerf for the JAK-12 automatic shotgun.
The last new gun to enter Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone was the JAK-12 - the first fully automatic shotgun in the game. As we already mentioned in our setup guide for the gun, it was quite overpowered and could really piss off players going against it.
Fortunately, the latest patch takes care of this problem alongside some bug-fixing.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone Patch Notes
Let us start with the most important patch note - the JAK-12 nerf.
- Movement speed and time to aim with drum magazines equipped have been lowered.
- The rate of fire of the explosive ammunition 8-shot FRAG-12 magazine has been reduced.
- The description of the 8-shot FRAG-12 magazine has been adapted to say "slugs".
This nerf was more than necessary. The JAK-12 with its extremely high rate of fire was simply too strong. With the slower movement speed and the reduced fire rate it should be much closer to an actually well-balanced Call of Duty weapon.
As for the bug fixes:
- The code to open Bunker 03 should now work normally again. Players previously complained that they could not open the bunker.
- The pumpkin heads are back again! After there was a problem with the pumpkin heads introduced for Halloween, they were removed from the game without much ceremony. Now they are back again. Get three kills and you get one pumpkin head. Get ten and your head starts to burn!
- An exploit in Zombie Royale was fixed.
- Durable gas masks have been temporarily removed from the game.
- The Snipers Only playlist is removed because of a bug. It is replaced by Gunfight - Snipers Only.
In addition to the small patch, Activision also announced that they are actively working on a fix for the missing Pumpkin Punisher blueprint.
According to their tweet, every player who has found all 16 Trick or Treat boxes should receive the Pumpkin Punisher blueprint as a reward. It just might take a while.
Original article by EarlyGame's Lukas Ballat.