The latest Playlist Update for Black Ops Cold War and Warzone is live. It not only brings back the popular Mini Royale mode, but also introduces the Gunfight Tournaments, and launches the Double XP Weekend.
The weekly Playlist Update is here, and it brings a lot of great new features. We'll briefly introduce you to the new playlists below, and then go into a little more detail about one of the best modes that's finally in Black Ops Cold War: Gunfight Tournaments.
BOCW & Warzone Playlist Update
Black Ops Cold War
- Gunfight Blueprints get their own playlist.
- Gunfight Tournaments are finally available in Black Ops Cold War
- Throwback Moshpit (also available in Hardcore).
- Snipers Only, Nuketown 24/7, Prop Hunt, Face Off and Multi-Team Moshpit remain.
In today's #BlackOpsColdWar update:— Treyarch Studios (@Treyarch) April 8, 2021
New Gunfight Blueprints
Control mode updates in MP and League Play
Dead Ops Arcade 3 fixes in Zombies
2XP Weekend now live!
Details: https://t.co/DohMsUef5r pic.twitter.com/u4fTfpbNud
- Mini Royale Trios are back.
- Plunder Quads replace Plunder Trios.
- Rebirth Island Resurgence Quads replace Resurgence Duos.
- King Slayer has been removed.
We covered the Mini Royale Trios game mode in a full article, to give you all the details: What is Mini Royale in Warzone?
Here's your weekly #Warzone playlist update! Now live.— Raven Software (@RavenSoftware) April 8, 2021
Verdansk - Mini Royale Trios
Plunder - Quads
Rebirth Island - Resurgence Quads
Verdansk - King Slayer
Plunder - Trios
Rebirth Island - Resurgence Duos
What are Gunfight Tournaments?
Gunfight Tournaments let 16 teams of two compete in a single-elimination bracket, to win cool prizes. The mode was already popular in Modern Warfare, and brings a little more thrill to the game. Each Season will have 2-3 Tournaments that you can join at any time.
Fight your way through the Preliminaries, Quarter Finals, and Semi-Finals with a fellow player, until you reach the finals. Each tournament offers new rewards in the form of calling cards, emblems, weapon tags, and blueprints. Additionally, you can earn extra experience points in each tournament.
From now until Monday, April 12, Black Ops Cold War is offering Double XP. In Warzone, the 2XP Weekend starts on April 10. If you want to grind some prestige levels before the start of Season 3, you have the chance this weekend.
- BOCW Update: CoD ZRG Sniper, 2XP, & Patch Notes
- Modern Warfare Secretly Removed Two Maps
- Call of Duty: Warzone ZRG 20mm Sniper Loadout: Long-Range Assassin
This article was originally written by Lukas Ballat, translated from German.