Last week, two new maps went live, Express and Firebase Z, and this week League Play finally went live. In the last few days, Treyarch has been constantly delivering fresh updates to fix small bugs and better balance League Play. Here is all the info on the latest patches.
League Play is here! Finally, a Ranked Mode in Black Ops Cold War! However, there was some criticism about the banned weapons and items. On February 9, one day after the release of League Play, Treyarch released the first patch.
In today's #BlackOpsColdWar update:— Treyarch Studios (@Treyarch) February 9, 2021
Patch notes: https://t.co/4XllTA3KOq
* New League Play restrictions
* CDL preset class fix
* #FirebaseZ updates + stability improvements
* Special enemies now count as Elite eliminations for Zombies camo challenges; Orda now counts as 3 pic.twitter.com/9udx23fgHm
February 9 Patch Notes
The February 9 patch notes focus on League Play and Zombie Mode.
- Players logging into League Play for the first time should now see preset CDL classes instead of empty custom classes in Create-a-Class.
- Players should now be able to save their custom classes properly in League Play.
- Minor bug fixes in the UI. The percentages in the division overview are displayed correctly.
- The list of forbidden items has been significantly expanded.
You can find the exact rules and all currently banned items in our League Play explanation article.
Image GalleryView Gallery
- Fixed crashes related to Essence Traps, Main Quest, and Tombstone Soda.
- Special enemy class now counts toward the Elite eliminations weapon camo challenge.
- Various bug fixes related to the Tombstone Perk.
- Addressed an issue with the RAI K-84 where offset visual effects could be seen after using the teleporter.
- Addressed an issue where the Dark Aether Artifact Intel was not being awarded properly during the Main Quest.
Only one day later, the next update arrived.
In today's #BlackOpsColdWar update:— Treyarch Studios (@Treyarch) February 10, 2021
* League Play bug fixes
* Zombies gameplay improvements
* #FirebaseZ stability fixes
* Spycraft Daily Challenge fix
Patch notes: https://t.co/RVfL9ao7Kb pic.twitter.com/RAck4SuWwY
February 10 Patch Notes
This update is also rather small and delivers some bug fixes for all modes in Black Ops Cold War.
- “Spycraft” Daily Challenge can now be completed properly by hacking 5 enemy Field Upgrades.
- Addressed an issue where the party leader backing out of a queue could cause the party to disband.
- Addressed an issue where League Play Create-a-Class could incorrectly revert to default Multiplayer classes instead of CDL classes after a match.
- Addressed an issue where players could see Victory Flames even when the player was not on a win streak.
- Addressed an issue with "Bronze" and "Level 1" showing up in different places even though a player had not completed Placement Matches yet.
- Addressed controller-related issues with the Rank UI element being offset.
- Fixed crashes related to the Mimic and Assault Rounds.
- Closed an exploit where a player could teleport out of the Village using Aether Shroud Tier III.
- Closed an exploit where a player could become invulnerable to damage after using a Molotov and a Chopper Gunner.
- Addressed a rare issue that caused players to lose their weapon when re-rolling attachments at the Arsenal.
- Tombstone Soda: Addressed an issue where shadow form visual effects could stay active when viewed as a spectating player.
A lot of small improvements and bug fixes that will hopefully make Black Ops Cold War a better game. If you're eager for new content, check out what Season 2 has in store for us.
For more Call of Duty news and updates, like everything about the Firebase Z Easter Egg, check out EarlyGame. Do you only want to see content about your favorite games? Then create a free MyEarlyGame account!
Original article by EarlyGame's Lukas Ballat.