Black Ops Cold War Season 3 is here, and with it, new content. Now, a week after launch, we have the first Patch in our hands: Update 1.17. Update 1.17 comes with changes to Sticks & Stones, as well as Zombies mode. We take a look at the Update 1.17 Patch Notes, bug fixes, changes, and everything else. Let's dive in.
Okay, now that the intro's over, let's be real. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War did not add all that much of interest in Season 3. Some new Outbreak content, some new maps... well, old maps with a new coat of paint... and "blah, blah, blah". With Update 1.17, the Patch Notes reveal no new BOCW content, but a bunch of fixes. Sounds pretty swell, doesn't it (remind me to never say that again)?
Before we dive in faster than the Nuke Event ruined Warzone, we covered Black Ops Cold War Season 3 in great detail last week, here's everything you need to get you up to date!
- BOCW Season 3 Update 1.16 Patch Notes: Weapon Tuning, & New Vehicles
- BOCW & Warzone: Swiss K31, Carv.2, AMP63, PPSH-41 in Season 3
- Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season 3 Roadmap
Well, now that you have had your daily dose of disappointment, my alliterative mind will turn to the topic at hand: the Update 1.17 Patch Notes. Let's take a quiz! Oh wait, first, here's a delicious Tweet (nom, nom, nom)…
In our latest #BlackOpsColdWar update:— Treyarch Studios (@Treyarch) April 27, 2021
* Sticks and Stones updates
* Ballistic Knife removed from Snipers Only Moshpit
* Beck Operator Mission fix
* Zombies scoreboard fixes
* Outbreak stability fix
* Bug fixes + more
Patch notes: https://t.co/UZLh5o3534 pic.twitter.com/8GHuhOWNXf
What is Being Added in Update 1.17?
Diesel 24/7 and a new Gunfight Tournament is being added in Update 1.17, and will be active starting April 29. Diesel 24/7 is a 6v6-only Playlist on the named map. Additionally, Sticks and Stones is set to continue, and Face Off will return yet again, this time with 3v3 matches on Diesel and Mansion, as well as all the other expected Gunfight maps.
BOCW Season 3 Update 1.17 Patch Notes
BOCW Update 1.17 Patch Notes: Global
- Added various stability fixes.
BOCW Update 1.17 Patch Notes: Multiplayer
- Sticks and Stones
- Addressed an issue where Tomahawk kills awarded 100 points instead of the 50 points shown on screen.
- Addressed an issue where Finishing Moves weren't being counted as a melee kill.
- Snipers Only Moshpit
- Restricted Ballistic Knife from use in Snipers Only Moshpit. (April 26)
- Addressed an issue with Beck's Season Three Battle Pass Operator Mission ("Block 1000 incoming damage with player-inserted Armor Plates") not progressing correctly in Multi-Team modes.
BOCW Update 1.17 Patch Notes: Zombies
- Addressed an issue where the scoreboard could lose functionality.
- Addressed an issue where players were unable to inspect other players in the scoreboard.
- Addressed an issue where the column that would display the amount of "Downs" for players was not shown.
- Addressed a rare display issue that could cause Match Bonus XP to appear as a negative value.
- Stability: Fixed a crash that could occur when migrating hosts during an Objective.
- Removed Crossroads from Onslaught map rotation for maintenance.
Well, wasn't that just great? Fun, fun, fun, Update 1.17 is pretty delicious. Well, that doesn't make any sense, it is a patch for Black Ops Cold War Season 3. Anyway, Update 1.17 is premonition for what is to come in tomorrow's Playlist Update. On top of that, it addresses some pretty important problems with the previous patch, and has fixed a bunch of pain-in-the-ass bugs. Well, Update 1.17, you might have been part of a pretty lame Season, but your Patch Notes prove you to be one strong mother... yeah, I can't say that here.
- Warzone Standoff Gulag: We Want The Original Gulag Back!
- Famous Pornstar Wishes Warzone Pro Aydan a Happy Birthday
- BOCW & Warzone Hunt for Adler Event Guide: Where is Adler?