There's a new Warzone map to celebrate as well
Patch 1.30 Merges Call of Duty: Warzone and Black Ops Cold War
The time has come! Today's patch integrated Black Ops Cold War into Warzone. New weapons, a new map, a new Gulag and more comes with Call of Duty patch 1.30.
The big Season 1 patch for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War was split into a smaller patch for BOCW and a big one for Warzone. That's right, you'll have to make even more space on your hard drive. Depending on the platform, Warzone Patch 1.30 is between 21GB and 24GB in size.
- READ MORE: CoD: Black Ops Cold War Season 1 out NOW!
Since we already covered most of what's happening in BOCW in our Season 1 roadmap overview, we will only go through the most important changes in patch 1.30. The smaller BOCW 1.08 patch will be covered in a separate article.
Image GalleryView Gallery
Call of Duty: Warzone 1.30 Patch Notes
- The new map Rebirth Island offers 40-player action. Similar to the already known Mini BR mode.
- Verdansk and Rebirth Island get a new Gulag.
- Rebirth Island: Resurgence is a new game mode, without a Gulag, with respawns every 30 seconds. Each time someone is killed his squad members are revealed on the map.
- All BOCW weapons are now available in Warzone. That's 6 new assault rifles, 6 submachine guns, 4 DMRs, 3 LMGs, 3 snipers, 3 pistols, 2 shotguns, 3 launchers and one melee weapon.
- All BOCW weapon attachments are now available in Warzone.
- The Attack Helicopter comes as a new vehicle. It works like the familiar helicopter but has two miniguns on the sides.
- The Juggernaut Killstreak was removed from the subway and the stadium.
- New challenges and missions.
Probably the biggest change is the new map Rebirth Island, which should provide a breath of fresh air in Warzone. Of course, the new weapons should not be neglected either. With 31 new weapons, something could finally change in the somewhat stagnant meta. The question now is, how well the new weapons are balanced. After all, Warzone has a significantly lower TTK than BOCW, so it could well be that some balancing will be necessary in the coming days and weeks.
Original article by EarlyGame's Lukas Ballat.