Just before the start of the new Warzone Season, the Season 3 Roadmap for Black Ops Cold War and Warzone has just been released. Want to know what new weapons, maps, operators, game modes and scorestreaks are coming in Season 3? We'll go through the Season 3 roadmap with you.
Warzone Season 3 will feature four new Multiplayer Maps, six new Weapons, four new Operators, two new Game Modes, a new Scorestreak, new Vehicles, new Zombies content, and of course, a Warzone map update and in-game event... Wow, now that's a lot of new content!
Season 3 Roadmap
As usual, Activision released a detailed roadmap before the start of Season 3. Here, we can see all the new content that will be added either directly at the start of the season, or over the course of Warzone and BOCW Season 3. If you want to read everything in detail, you can do so on the Call of Duty Blog.
But enough talk, let's get on with it!
How Big Is The Warzone & BOCW Season 3 Update?
The size of the Season 3 Update differs depending on the platform, and whether you just want to download Black Ops Cold War, Warzone, or both.
- The BOCW Update is between 8.1 GB (PS4) and 13.1 GB (PC) depending on the platform.
- The Warzone Update is between 25.2 GB (PC) and 25.9 GB (Xbox One) depending on the platform.
- So BOCW and Warzone together come to a maximum of 38.3 GB (PC).
Hunt for Adler Event
For the launch of BOCW & Warzone Season 3, there will be a limited-time in-game event called "Hunt for Adler". In this event, which will take place in BOCW and Warzone, we will go search for Adler through various challenges. If you've seen the Black Ops Cold War trailers from the last few seasons, you know that Adler has been kidnapped by Stitch and Woods and his team is trying to free him.
Besides some hopefully exciting developments in the story, the challenges also guarantee us various rewards such as weapon tags, calling cards, operator skins, etc.
Four New Operators
As usual, we're also getting a total of four new operators in Warzone & BOCW Season 3. Two of them come right at the start of Season 3 and two will be added over the course of the season.
- Wraith supports the Warsaw Pact as a Perseus agent, and will be unlocked at level 0 of the Season 3 Battle Pass.
- Captain Price – yes, THE Captain Price – will be added for free to all Black Ops Cold War owners at the beginning of the Season.
- Knight will join the Warsaw Pact during the Season and will be available as a bundle.
- Antonov will also join the Warsaw Pact during the Season and will be available as a bundle.
Six New Weapons
In total, Season 3 brings us six new weapons for Black Ops Cold War and Warzone, two of which are melee weapons.
- The PPSh-41 is a rapid-fire MP that unlocks at level 15 of the Battle Pass.
- The Swiss K31 is another sniper that comes into play, reminding us a lot of the Kar98k. It will probably be available at level 31 of the Battle Pass.
- The CARV.2 expands the category of tactical rifles. High damage and moderate rate of fire characterize it. It will be added over the course of the Season.
- The AMP63 is a fully automatic pistol and will also be added during Season 3.
- The Ballistic Knife is a ranged knife that will be added over the course of the season.
- The Baseball Bat lets you beat up your opponents the old-school way, and will also be added during Season 3.
Four New Multiplayer Maps
In Season 3, we get 4 new Multiplayer maps for Black Ops Cold War, one of which is also used in Outbreak mode. Also, the mystery of the new Warzone Map still exists...
- Yamantau is a 6v6 map that transports us to a snowy mountain, and is available right at the start of the season.
- Diesel is a 6v6, 3v3 and 2v2 map and should provide plenty of short range action. This map is also available right from the beginning.
- Standoff is a 6v6 map and a remake of the popular Black Ops 2 map. It will be added during Season 3.
- Duga is a new map for Multi-Team and Zombies Outbreak. The map is set in the Ural Mountains and is available in Outbreak mode right out of the gate – it will be added later in multiplayer
- It is still unclear what will happen with the new Warzone map. However, the Nuke Event will start tomorrow, and will bring a new or changed map.
New Game Modes
Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer is getting two new game modes in Season 3.
- Sticks & Stones is back! In this free-for-all mode, all players spawn with a Crossbow, Ballistic Knife, and Tomahawk. The player who reaches the score limit, or has the highest score at the end wins.
- Multi-Team Elimination will be added throughout the Season, and is Black Ops Cold Wars' own Battle Royale mode. Multiple four-man squads compete on the huge multi-team maps, and the last team alive wins. Respawns are limited, and loadouts are not allowed – actually like Warzone, just a bit smaller.
New Scorestreak and Vehicles
Of course, there is a new Scorestreak again, as well as two new vehicles.
- Strafe Run call for two jets to attack the target area with machine guns and missiles. The Scorestreak should last longer than Napalm Strike, for example, which means that it will be extremely strong in multiplayer.
- The Cargo Truck offers decent space, and a thick MG on the roof. It is available in multi-team and outbreak mode from the beginning.
- The FAV (Fast Attack Vehicle) is a compact buggy with an MG, which will only be available in Outbreak for the time being.
What Else Is Coming In Season 3?
- Toxic Growth is a new field upgrade for Zombies Mode. It creates poisonous spikes that slow down and damage enemies.
- New World events for Outbreak, as well as upgrades for Wonder Weapons.
- Onslaught is now available on Yamantau and Standoff.
- Four new Prestige Levels, with a new blueprint for Level 50.
So, that's it. Really! So much new content to be unlocked. We'll keep you posted on the Nuke Event in Warzone, as well as the new map. As soon as Season 3 starts, we'll have the best setup guides for all the new weapons.
- BOCW & Warzone Playlist Update April 15: Custom Mods & Double-XP
- Brand New Warzone & BOCW Trailer for Season 3 Released!
- Warzone Update 1.35 Nerfs Sykov & No Sniper Glint Bug
This article was originally written by the bold and beautiful Lukas Ballat, and translated from German.