It's time to jump into Season 1 with your friends and foes.
CoD: Black Ops Cold War Is Out Tomorrow: Everything You Need to Know
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Season 1 is almost upon us, and we don't know about you, but we are psyched to jump into more shootee action with our friends over the Christmas holidays! On December 16, Warzone is colliding with Black Ops Cold War to produce an experience of unprecedented awesome (hopefully...). There's not much new to be said, but we are going to break down everything you need to know before you jump in tomorrow.
It may have been postponed, but this time: IT'S HERE! We are pleased to tell you that, less than 24 hours out, it looks like they will actually hit the release date this time. When Season 1 drops, we are expecting a plethora of features, additions and items in Black Ops Cold War, and its associated integration with Warzone. There's lots to jump into here, so we're going to get straight to it!
The Black Ops Cold War Season 1 Roadmap
In full, we have already covered the Season 1 Roadmap last week - when it was announced at The Game Awards! So, for full details on what's been announced, check our breakdown here, or read this brief summary we've prepared for you...
What to expect, we heard you ask?
- Three New Operators: Vikhor "Stitch" Kuzmin, Wyat "Bulldozer" Jones, and Zeyna Ossou are here to be played in Black Ops: Cold War and also Warzone.
- Five New Weapons: The Mac 10, Groza Assault Rifle, Streetsweeper, Sledgehammer, and Wakizashi (a freaking Japanese sword!) will be melting into the palms of our hands...
- New Multiplayer Modes: Firefight and Prop Hunt are back! Also here is Dropkick, where you fight for a nuclear briefcase, and Hardpoint in 12v12 Combined Arms mode.
- Eight Multiplayer Maps: We won't list them all here, but they look bloody awesome!
- New Zombies Modes: Well...who the f**k doesn't like Zombies? Get into the Christmas spirit with Jingle Hells and Cranked.
Rebirth Island: Alcatraz Is Back!
We are especially excited for Rebirth Island, Black Ops Cold War's version of Black Ops 4's popular Alcatraz. It will be launching with Season 1 in Warzone as well, and we can't wait to jump in! It's been rumored for a while that this was coming, and there's been a huge amount of speculation, so we were relieved when it was finally announced as one of the eight new Multiplayer maps coming with Season 1.
Alcatraz was a beloved Black Ops 4 map, and we are super excited to jump back onto the island to play with some friends in a smaller Battle Royale field. It's always great when a leak becomes a reality - and this one is especially special.
Raid Is Confirmed!
We were unbelievably happy when the rumors of Raid's return were confirmed. It's a classic Black Ops 2 map, and Data Miner came across it in the game files of Black Ops: Cold War a few weeks ago. Raid was one of the most popular maps ever back in 2012, and still is! It looks awesome, and is one of the great upcoming features of Season 1!
It goes without saying that there's tons to talk about with Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Season 1. We hope that with this collection of sources and general information, you are prepared for its launch tomorrow. Here is the most important information, when the bloody hell is it launching!?!
- USA: 2AM EST / 11PM PST
- UK: 7AM BST
- Europe: 08:00 CET
Remember, all Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War players can download the update ahead of the new season! Don't forget to get on that, so you can jump straight into the action. No one likes waiting for your slow-ass internet to do its thing...
And, finally, Warzone players: we haven't forgotten about you! Check out our comprehensive guide to what's coming to Warzone in Season 1!
- Black Ops Cold War: How Does SBMM Work?
- BOCW Setup Guides: Pelington 703 – The Quick-Scope Sniper
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Krig 6 Setup Guide
- EarlyGame Talk: Videogames Made me Study History