Some of the side missions in Black Ops Cold War are just as good, if not better, than the main campaign. Let's take a look at how to Decrypt the Floppy Disk in BOCW's Operation Chaos.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War had its fair share of issues, but one does have to admit that its campaign was pretty damn entertaining. What was quite impressive was that BOCW went against the grain to introduce a number of side missions to its campaign. You need to solve a number of rather complex puzzles to even begin Operation Chaos, and thus, we're here to tell you how to decrypt the Floppy Disk in Black Ops Cold War...
Black Ops Cold War's campaign has a lot to check out. Before you dive into our guide for how to decrypt the Floppy Disk in BOCW, check out some of our other guides...
- BOCW Season 5: Map Guide for Drive In from BO1 & Release Date
- How to Complete Black Ops Cold War Mauer Der Toten Easter Egg
- CoD Black Ops Cold War: What Are Prestige Keys?
Getting to the Operation Chaos Mission in BOCW
There are a couple of things that you need to keep in mind before you can complete, or even activate, the Operation Chaos mission via decrypting the Floppy Disk in BOCW. Before you can decrypt the floppy disk, and therefore activate the Operation Chaos side mission, you need to do the following things:
- Automatically collect the evidence by completing the "Nowhere Left to Run" story mission.
- Take on a side objective in "Brick in the Wall" where an informant tells you to rescue (or kill) a man named Victor. When you rescue or kill him, you can find evidence on a table to the right of him.
- The last piece of evidence is in "Redlight, Greenlight". When you enter the secret Russian training ground, you need to make your way to the end of the street and enter the last building. There is a map on the upper floor.
- Complete "Echoes of a Cold War" to reach the next briefing point, where you can activate the side mission.
Please keep in mind that the codes in each person's playthrough of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War's Operation Chaos side mission are all different. Here is our guide to how to decrypt the Floppy Disk in BOCW, but keep this in mind...
How to Decrypt the Floppy Disk in Black Ops Cold War
- Take a look at the front page of the Nationwide Observer and write the red letters down.
- Compare the scrambled letters that you just wrote down to the cities in the Numbers Station Broadcast.
- It's an anagram, so rearrange the letters to fit one of the listed cities.
- Write down the four numbers that correspond to that specific city.
- Open the coded message, where you will see a series of numbers. This is the most confusing part of this puzzle.
- Take a look at the red numbers and figure out the sequence, for example if the numbers are increasing by eight each time, or if it is always plus one, or whatever the rule of the sequence is – i.e. If the number sequence is 12, ?, 32, 42, then the sequence is "plus ten" every time, and the question mark is 22.
- Once you have figured that out, determine what the red question mark would be and write that number down.
- Now do the same again with the blue numbers, and write that number down after the number you have determined for the red numbers.
- Now that you have that number, go back to the Numbers Station Broadcast. Look at which city your number now corresponds to, and write that down.
- Now it's time to Decrypt the Floppy Disk:
- First Code: Whatever the number was, as determined in steps 1-4.
- Passphrase: The city that you deciphered in steps 5-6.
- Authenticate: Press Y (for "Yes")
Once you have completed all the steps listed above, you will be able to start Operation Chaos. It's a complicated and long process to decrypt the Floppy Disk in Black Ops Cold War, but a cool mission once it has been unlocked. We are also curious as to whether Call of Duty: Vanguard's campaign will feature side missions just like BOCW. It would be pretty sweet if it did, because the side missions in Black Ops Cold War were actually a whole lot of fun, and totally worth checking out!
- An Oktoberfest Bundle is Coming to Warzone & You Can Earn CP!
- CoD: The Regal Scepter, The Type 63's Most Opulent Blueprint
- Warzone & BOCW Season 5 Reloaded: The Numbers Event, Judge Dredd And More
Welcome to EarlyGame, your one-stop-shop for everything Esports and Gaming. Check out MyEarlyGame for an exclusive and customizable experience, and to become part of the EarlyGame family. Get engaged on Twitter and Facebook.