The Call of Duty: Vanguard beta weekend began on Friday, September 10. We were providing full coverage, breaking down all the weapons, perks, and equipment, and addressing the biggest concerns of playtesters. Here's our complete guide to the weapons of the CoD: Vanguard beta weekend.
I think most players, provided they're even passingly familiar with WWII firearms, should be able to guess what goes in each category here. But besides the obvious weapons we knew were getting, we've also got a few more obscure pieces like the Owens submachine gun. Take a look, and bear in mind - these weapons are all coming to Warzone so the meta these weapons will produce should be fascinating.
Note: We were only shown weapons unlockable by level 30 during the beta.
The Weapons In CoD: Vanguard
- STG44 - The most popular gun we've seen; it's Vanguard's M4.
- Itra Burst - It's a burst so it won't be popular, but it's viable.
- BAR - Viableg, but slower and built for long-range.
- NZ-41 - Serious meta potential, and on the lighter, fast side of the AR spectrum.
- Volk - One of the strongest weapons - the AR closest to an SMG.
- M1928 - The Thompson. It's a strong SMG but the felt recoil is quite significant, expect the MP-40 to be the meta pick.
- Sten - Low TTK but the fastest handling weapon in the game. It's hard to tell if the tradeoff is worth it.
- MP-40 - The best weapon in the game for small to mid-sized maps.
- Revolving Shotgun - Good range for a shotgun but it always needs a double-tap to put someone down; crucial flaw.
- Auto-Loading Shotgun - This is the better of the two shotguns, but only when it has increased magazine capacity, and you'll need to level it quite far to get those unlocks. Not many will bother with that grind, especially because the maps in the beta don't lend themself to shotguns.
Like keeping up to speed with all things Call of Duty? Then you've come to the right place, here are some of our recent articles:
- Ranking Every Weapon From The CoD: Vanguard Alpha
- Leak: Warzone Pacific Map Release Date
- Warzone: The Best MAC-10 Setup & Loadout
Light Machine Guns
- MG42 - The strongest of the LMGs so far; it has great recoil control, a beastly rate of fire, and it's nowhere near as slow as it could be.
- DP27 - Still a solid choice but inferior to the MG42.
- Bren - I was underwhelmed; it's too slow to justify only 30 round mags.
- M1 Garand - Way too slow to be viable right now. It's a shame to see them punish a weapon class that they must have known would've struggled anyway.
- 3-Line Rifle - The maps in the beta were not great for sniper rifles, but the default optic is nice and it's feeling relatively snappy.
- Kar98k - The better sniper, expect this to be Warzone's next meta sniper.
- Machine Pistol - Clearly the best choice for secondary we've seen, it's a reliable pull-to.
- Ratt - There's no reason to use this over the Machine Pistol.
- 1911 - Same as above: there's no reason to use this over the Machine Pistol.
- M1 Bazooka - Not good in MP.
- Panzerschreck - Can target the ground so better than Bazooka, but not great anti-personnel.
- FS Fighting Knife - It's a knife.
Is There A Meta In Vanguard?
From what we've played so far the meta loadout will look something like this:
- Primary Weapon: STG44 / MP40 / MG42 / NZ41 / Kar98k
- Secondary Weapon: Machine Pistol / Panzerschreck
- Lethal: Thermite
- Tactical: Stuns
- Perk 1: Ghost / Fortified
- Perk 2: Radar / Tracker
- Perk 3: Demolition / Overkill
- Field Upgrade: Armour Plates
The weapons so far have been feeling great but you'll notice that they don't show any weapon in the beta build that unlocks after level 30. But we're certain that there are more weapons, unlocked after level 30 than we haven't seen yet. So expect the above meta speculation to change if something broken unlocks at level 40.