And there's a lot more to come
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season 3 brings new maps, weapons
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season 3 dropped April 8 with a bunch of new stuff to get excited about. New maps, weapons and skins are just part of patch 1.19 and today we take a look at everything we’re getting with the new season.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season 3 is already on
The hefty Call of Duty: Modern Warfare patch 1.19 is over 15GB in size, but there’s a good reason for it. The new content adds much needed variety to both the in-game environment and the weaponry, as well as adding a four-players per team mode for Warzone.
Here’s the full scale of content that Season 3 is entering the room with:
- 3 new multiplayer maps (Talsik Backlot, Hovec Sawmill and Aniyah Incursion)
- Two new weapons (Renetti pistol and SKS sniper rifle)
- Vehicle skins
- A new operator (Alex)
- New game mode for Warzone: Quads (team of four players)
This is far from being the entirety of what Season 3 has to offer. In the course of the season, Infinity Ward will keep releasing a ton of new features for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. A vast part of these are being teased even now, including:
- Two more operators: Ronin and Iskra
- Two new maps: The multiplayer map Hardhat and the gunfight map Aisle 9.
- More game modes: Gun Game Reloaded and Reinfected Ground War.
- New weapon: most likely a light machine gun.
- Updates for Warzone: With "Scopes and Scatter Guns" there will be a new game mode in which you can only use shotguns and sniper rifles. Further changes will follow.
Everything on new Season 3 items can be read in Activision’s official announcement.
The new Battle Pass for Season 3
Of course there will also be a new Battle-Pass in Season 3, which can be purchased on request. If you decide to buy the Battle-Pass instead of the free version, you'll get 100 levels full of new items and unlocks, just like last season. These range from Call of Duty Points and weapon blueprints to epic and legendary operator skins and XP tokens.
Activision are making sure to keep Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone fresh, which should further enhance the games’ immense popularity. In case you’re wondering why Warzone in particular is such a hit among fans, check out our video on the game’s standout components.