No more of this buggery
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare patch gets rid of Jockworth error
The latest Call of Duty: Modern Warfare update is finally putting an end to the annoying “Jockworth” error that has been bugging people for months in Gunfight Tournaments.
The death of Jockworth in CoD: Modern Warfare
If you’ve played a Modern Warfare Gunfight Tournament recently, then right now you must be jumping through the roof. Infinity Ward have at long last set out to fix this unbearably annoying bug that had plagued the mode for a long damn time.
The error message would randomly appear after a won match in a Gunfight Tournament, sometimes even after you’d won the whole damn thing, only to disconnect you and cause you to lose your hard earned reward. Imagine that.
Well, this update should put a stop to this injustice and hopefully save some mice and keyboards from being slammed into the wall.
A couple more much needed fixes were enforced with this patch: the Regiment tags, which were causing major confusion in-game, and the Killchain bug in Postman that was racking up scores without it actually being equipped.
Here are the full details on the changes made by Infinity Ward:
- Fix for Regiment tags not appearing as intended
- Fix for players receiving the "Jockworth" error while in Gunfight Tournaments
- Fix for a bug where numbers on the team roster and numbers on the COD Caster minimap did not correspond
- Pointman: Fix for an issue where Killchain scores were being given for killstreak kills without having Killchain equipped
- Fix for a CDL Gunsmith exploit
In case you’re thinking to yourself “wait a minute, I haven’t installed that, what gives?”, worry not. The update was not released as a downloadable content, but was added automatically to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Now go and win some Gunfights! If you’re lucky enough, you might even get a reward this time.