FIFA 21 is coming out next week. That means we need to be up to date with the best players in the game because no matter how skilled you are, you still need those high overall scores to compete at the highest levels. We've been doing the rounds in some of the best leagues to distinguish the best talent. Today, we dive into the Italian Serie A to see which players are the best at each position and form a team of the best eleven in the league.
EarlyGame already did similar squads for the other three major leagues - the English Premier League, the Spanish La Liga and the German Bundesliga. We are now doing the same thing for the Italian Serie A. Eleven players, each one a maestro at his position. Let's get to it!
Best FIFA 21 Italian Serie A Starting Eleven
- GK: Samir Handanovič - 88 OVR (Inter)
- LB: Alex Sandro - 85 OVR (Juventus/Piemonte Calcio)
- CB: Kalidou Koulibaly - 88 OVR (Napoli)
- CB: Giorgio Chiellini - 87 OVR (Juventus/Piemonte Calcio)
- RB: Juan Cuadrado - 81 OVR (Juventus/Piemonte Calcio)
- LM: Lorenzo Insigne - 85 OVR (Napoli)
- CM: Alejandro Gómez - 86 OVR (Atalanta)
- CM: Luis Alberto - 85 OVR (Lazio)
- RM: Achraf Hakimi - 83 OVR (Inter)
- ST: Cristiano Ronaldo - 92 OVR (Juventus/Piemonte Calcio)
- ST: Paulo Dybala - 88 OVR (Juventus/Piemonte Calcio)
Champions Juventus take up a lot of space in our 4-4-2 formation, as one would expect. Their prevalence is not nearly as overwhelming as that of fellow domestic juggernaut Bayern München. There's not a single Juve player in midfield for example. A strong defense and the best front pairing in Serie A is why Juventus has won nine league titles in a row.
- READ MORE: Top 1000 FIFA 21 Players: Numbers In Detail
The midfield itself is very attack-minded. With three of the four best center players being CAMs, we were left with the choice to either stick to a more traditional CDM-CAM pairing and compromise the overall quality of the team, or do the much more fun thing and slot a couple of attacking midfielders in there instead. Ronaldo and Dybala are up front with Alberto and Gómez behind them, what could go wrong?