Woke up hoping to play and saw this terrifying image instead? Don't worry, there are a few things you can try, and it's a known issue to the devs.
Beneath, you can find a guide on fixing the issue and a number of solutions that fans have reported as working for them. We really hope it helps, so you can get into the beta as soon as possible - we're sure you'll enjoy it.
Note: If you have not pre-ordered, you're not an EA Play subscriber, or if you don't have a beta code from some other source, then you simply won't be able to access the servers at all until Friday, October 8 at 07:00 UTC (03:00 ET, 08:00 BST, 09:00 CEST).
How To Fix Error: Unable To Connect To EA Servers?
The cause of this in most cases is that whatever account EA thinks has Early Access to the beta is not properly connected to your platform account, i.e. PSN, Steam, Xbox Live. Follow this troubleshooting advice in order:
- Double-check that your BF2042 application doesn't simply need refreshing to recognize that the beta is now live. To do this, close the application completely and re-open it. If this doesn't work, move on to the next step.
- Go to ea.com and sign in to your EA account, but make sure that you are signing in to the same EA account that is linked to your platform/s. Go to 'Account Settings' and down to 'Connections' - if you cannot see your platform, then that's the issue. (From this same settings menu, you can also check that your EA Play subscription is still active, or that you really have purchased the pre-order.)
- You can do one of the following:
- Go to the EA help page, which is effectively a separate site. The login page there will have options to sign in via your platform account.
- For each device that you need to properly link with your EA account, you can go into another EA game, and it will prompt you to put in your EA account details. But this solution would require you to have other EA games.
- If you're sure your platform is linked to an EA account that should have early access, then you could always throw a hail mary and try and repurchase an EA Plus subscription directly through the platform you're playing on again. But this would suck if you should rightly be allowed to play.
Read More Battlefield:
- Battlefield 2042's Open Beta - System Requirements For PC
- Battlefield 2042 Beta - Start Times Around The Globe
- This Is Battlefield 2042's New Battle Pass
Are you jumping on the beta with a squad? What maps are you hoping to get added during the beta? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter, and don't forget - you should consider joining MyEarlyGame for loads of great giveaways, exclusive tourneys, and a customizable home page.