We've just had fresh new details about the progression system in Battlefield 2042, and we've got to admit, we really like what we're seeing. In keeping with the design philosophy we've seen so far in BF2042, they're highlighting and rewarding team-based play as much as possible.
Battlefield 2042's Progression System - The 5 Point Model
Battlefield 2042 is taking a new approach to XP. They will reward you based on how well you do across five different criteria. This should allow support players to level up just as quickly as fraggers. You earn ribbons in each of these five areas after a completed match, here are the different types of ribbons:
- Objective Ribbon - Play the objective
- Wingman Ribbon - Support teammates with revives and various assists
- Logistics Ribbon - Heal and resupply others and repair vehicles
- Intel Ribbon - Spot and disrupt enemies, such as via EMP’s or destroying drones
- Combat Ribbon - Score kills and destroy vehicles
This is well-thought-out, I like that combat has an equal weighting to the other areas of progression - this is exactly what Battlefield fans will want to see.
Like keeping up to speed with all things Battlefield? So do we, so here are a few recent stories in case you missed anything:
- Battlefield 2042 Will Fill Lobbies With Bots
- These Are The Battlefield 2042 Maps Coming At Launch
- This Is Battlefield 2042's New Battle Pass
Unlocking Weapons In Battlefield 2042
You will unlock weapons in Battlefield 2042 as you traditionally have in Battlefield games; you will have a player level that benefits from all forms of XP, and as you reach new levels, you unlock new weapons. This is typical of any shooter, and while they've been innovative elsewhere, we're glad that they've kept it traditional with weapon unlocks. Let's hope for a great all-around AR that unlocks at level 1.
Are you happy with this progression system? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter, and don't forget - you should consider joining MyEarlyGame for loads of great giveaways, exclusive tourneys, and a customizable home page.