Coming later today!
Apex Legends Fight Night Goes Live Today!
The Apex Legends Holo Day Bash is behind us, much like 2020. Next in line is the Fight Night collection event, and it’s starting later today! Here’s all you need to know.
The collection event in Apex Legends Season 7 is almost here. Fight Night is set to kick off later today (tomorrow for some regions) and players have a lot to look forward to.
As the trailer above shows us there are a couple of events coming during Fight Night:
- Airdrop Escalation Takeover – Care packages replaced with clusters of increasingly rare loot and fully-kitted weapons.
- Town Takeover Fight Night – This is Pathfinder’s special zone on the map where you’ll be able to punch each other in a boxing ring.
Entering the ring will prevent any player from using their weapons and any of their abilities. The only way to beat someone is via a bit of fist o’ cuffs. Oh, and don’t worry about any outside ring interference—no outside projectiles, grenades, or abilities can penetrate the ring’s force field.
It looks like once you enter the ring the only way to get out is using your fists.
Much like any other collection even you can expect 24 limited-time cosmetics, a reward track, an heirloom for Gibraltar.
In addition, Respawn Entertainment have added Loot MRVNs that will reward you with various tiers of loot.
There are also some balance changes coming with the latest update.
There’s nothing too meta-shaking this time around; we’re giving Season 7 some extra time to shake out. Horizon released strong, but not overpowered. The below buffs are aimed at small power increases. Rampart still needs overall power, and the Caustic buff is an extra bit of compensation for the loss of vision blur from gas in Season 7. Note that looking at our data, the Season 7 change was a solid buff for Caustic, but he’s not quite where we want him to be.
- Amped Cover: Decreased cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds
- Nox Gas Trap: Decreased cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds
- Decreased damage from 22 to 20.
- Spread out 3rd/4th pellets to decrease max range of 4 pellet hits (was +/- 7.5 degrees, now +/- 10)
- Reserve bullets increased from 175 to 210
Image GalleryView Gallery
Quality of Life
- Ultimate Accelerants can now be used without opening your inventory. If your ultimate is not currently available, just press the button (or buttons, on a controller) to activate it, and you’ll pull out any stored Accelerant in your inventory and use it automatically.
- When in a lobby, if a party member leaves your lobby for any reason, all party members will be marked as “not ready.” This should stop accidental launches into a match when your buddy dipped out for a second.
- The fabled “Mark All As Seen” button has been added. Click this to remove the pesky (I mean helpful) red dots.
- Pinging the nearest respawn beacon (from spectate) will now always ping the nearest beacon unless you don't have enough time to use it before the ring closes over it, instead of defaulting to the nearest beacon in the next safe ring.
- We now show you how many treasure packs are needed to acquire the next comic page. This should just make it easier to people who are chasing the new bit of lore to know how far away they are.
- Caustic should now smash the door with his Heirloom hammer instead of his leg, if available.
- We added a small bit of information to the Find Friends box to describe a situation where your friend might not be findable because of their EA account settings.
- READ MORE: The Best Squad Compositions in Apex Legends