All the changes in Fight Night!
Apex Legends 1.55 Patch Notes
The Apex Legends Fight Night collection event is live! Along with it, Respawn Entertainment did some tweaking on the side of the balance. Check out the 1.55 patch notes!
Apex Legends is enjoying quite the popularity on Steam. The game even won the “Best Game You Suck At” award during the Steam Awards 2020. The Holo Day Bash event came to an end, but Fight Night is already live and with it, some new patch notes. The 1.55 update brings some changes to both legends and weapons. Here’s all you need to know.
Below you’ll find all the features introduced by the Fight Night collection event:
- Airdrop Escalation Takeover – Care packages replaced with clusters of increasingly rare loot and fully-kitted weapons.
- Town Takeover Fight Night – This is Pathfinder’s special zone on the map where you’ll be able to punch each other in a boxing ring.
- Skins: There are 24 unique cosmetics available via Crafting Metals, Apex Coins and Apex Packs. If you manage to collect them all you’ll also get the Gibraltar Heirloom.
- MRVNs: Meet robots on the map that offer special loot depending on their color.
- Fight Night Prize Track: Complete challenges that unlock rewards like charms and skins.
- Amped Cover: Decreased cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds
- Gravity Lift: Increased effective cooldown from 16 seconds to
Rampart is still lacking in both pick and win rate according to Respawn so the buffs are quite in order. There was initially a Caustic buff in the patch notes but that was removed by the time it went live. Horizon’s nerf wasn’t included in the original patch notes pre-release. The latest legend is still new and as we expected, changes are coming her way.
Image GalleryView Gallery
- Decreased damage from 22 to 20.
- Spread out 3rd/4th pellets to decrease max range of 4 pellet hits (was +/- 7.5 degrees, now +/- 10)
- Reserve bullets increased from 175 to 210
The Hemlok and Mastiff get some nerfs, that’s -10% overall damage for the Hemlok and less range on the pellets for the shotgun. At least the Prowler gets a little better with more reserve bullets.
In hopes of spreading out the chaos that can occur in final rings, we're making some tweaks to Rings 5 and 6.
- Ring 5 is bigger (1500 unit radius to 2000 unit radius). Time to close is the same.
- Ring 6 is the last ring. It will slowly close over 100s somewhere near the center of Ring 5.
Quality of Life
- Ultimate Accelerants can now be used without opening your inventory. If your ultimate is not currently available, just press the button (or buttons, on a controller) to activate it, and you’ll pull out any stored Accelerant in your inventory and use it automatically.
- When in a lobby, if a party member leaves your lobby for any reason, all party members will be marked as “not ready.” This should stop accidental launches into a match when your buddy dipped out for a second.
- The fabled “Mark All As Seen” button has been added. Click this to remove the pesky (I mean helpful) red dots.
- Pinging the nearest respawn beacon (from spectate) will now always ping the nearest beacon unless you don't have enough time to use it before the ring closes over it, instead of defaulting to the nearest beacon in the next safe ring.
- We now show you how many treasure packs are needed to acquire the next comic page. This should just make it easier to people who are chasing the new bit of lore to know how far away they are.
- Caustic should now smash the door with his Heirloom hammer instead of his leg, if available.
- We added a small bit of information to the Find Friends box to describe a situation where your friend might not be findable because of their EA account settings.
- Fixed an issue with Bloodhound’s UI disappearing after interacting with Horizon’s Tactical.
- Fixed an issue with Wraith’s Portals getting destroyed by the Trident.
- Fixed an issue with Bangalore’s missile passing through hatch doors when they are closed in Worlds Edge.
- Fixed an issue with Mirage’s decoys not making footstep sounds.
- Fixed an issue with Hack consuming two Vault keys if two keys were in Crypto’s inventory.
- Fixed an issue with Hack getting stuck within the Trident when deployed as a passenger and the trident is on a ramp.
- Fixed an issue causing other players to teleport with Revenant if they punch Revenant when he has very little health.
- Fixed an issue that didn’t allow Revenant to deploy the Death Totem while on the Trident.
- Fixed a lot of windows in World’s Edge that prevented Loba’s bracelet from passing through.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Rampart to place Sheila while in the Phase Runner.
- Fix an issue where UI elements stayed on screen after using Sheila.
- Fixed an issue with Horizon’s abilities not affecting Lifeline’s DOC and Crypto’s drone.
That wraps up the notes for patch 1.55 which, honestly, didn’t change much in terms of balance. Which legend will you main during Fight Night? Tell us on our Facebook page!