Small update, big impact
Apex Legends Patch 1.41 fixes an Octane bug
Apex Legends has released a new update and it included only legend changes. Here are all the bugfixes and why Octane is not as fun as before.
When the Apex Legends Patch 1.41 went live, no big fuss was made. It's not a big update with various balance changes, but some things have been updated for legends like Octane. If your usual choice was the adrenaline junkie, fear not, he's still a viable pick, just a tad worse. Here's also the full list of the patch notes.
- Removed Mobile Respawn Beacon out of the bunker area in Kings Canyon.
- Fixed an issue with Legends being able to still shoot after being downed.
- Fixed an issue where taking damage was interrupting revives.
- Fixed an issue “The Marble Goddess” skin not having the correct hitbox.
- Fixed an issue with wraith being able to get a speed boost by using her tactical, then her ult, then canceling her ult.
- Fixed an issue where if death protection wears off during a revive, it cancels the revive.
- Octane will no longer be able to use stim while healing.
- Fixed an issue with passive regen being delayed after the use of stim.
- Fixed issues with being pulled out of ADS, weapon firing stopping when stim ends/landing from a jump pad.
The fact that Octane could use his Stim while he was healing was perhaps too good. Apparently Respawn had the same thoughts as well, so it was made clear that this was not an intended gameplay mechanic, but a bug that has now been fixed. On the plus side, using a Stim will no longer delay his passive regen, so it's not all bad.
The bugs around Wraith's fancy skin have also been resolved, which makes it playable with even more style and Revenant can now finally revive as it should. All in all not much happened in the Apex Legends patch 1.41, but what happened was necessary and improved a lot. There's still a lot to be done though, as many fans are complaining of hit register issues and bugs with various other abilities.
More news about Apex Legends and the world of esports and gaming can be found on EarlyGame, for example, the voice actors behind the legends and everything about Ubisoft's new battle royale game Hyper Scape.